I'm A Walking Travesty (Al Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

Jack’s P.O.V

“How are you feeling?” I asked as Valarie stumbled out of the bedroom.

I had waited behind for her while all the others had gone into the venue to practice.

“Yeah fine,” she murmured, rubbing her eyes.

As soon as her head had hit the pillow last night she was out like a light. She had got totally smashed at the nightclub and I hoped she hadn’t remember my lie about the ‘girl’ I was out with.

“Hey,” she said, straightening herself up a little, “Me and Jordan and the others were planning a party tomorrow night with everyone. You should bring Daisy.”

Shit! I shouted in my head.

“Yeah, I’ll ask her,” I lied.

Valarie smiled and walked forward, nearly tripping over the edge of the mat on the floor. She straightened herself up before making herself a coffee. After she had downed her third coffee she looked a lot more awake and the two of us headed out of the bus to the venue. We had set everything up the day before because we had arrive early so there wasn’t much we had to do.

“Hey Valarie,” Alex said as soon as we got inside, “I want you to meet the rest of our crew. They missed the first show because their plane didn’t get here in time.”

She nodded as Alex introduced her to everyone.

“This is Matt Flyzik, tour manager. Jeff Maker, lighting director. Vinny Vegas, Merch Manager. And Alex Grieco, better known as Grieco, our main Drum Tech.”

Matt eyed me as he shook Valarie’s hand before pulling me aside.

“She’s hot,” He whispered so she wouldn’t hear.

“Yeah, she’s kind of okay looking I guess,” I murmured.

“Okay looking? Really?” Matt rolled his eyes.

Valarie’s P.O.V

The bus was gonna be really cramped now with more boys on board. Cass, Sof, Sam, Donna and I were starting to be over run by testosterone. I now realised what the extra bunks where for and I felt a little nervous being around new people.

We Are The In Crowd were just finishing their set onstage. I high-fived Taylor as she walked passed me and was followed by Jordan. I wasn’t sure where Jordan and me stood with each other. He was cute and everything, but I didn’t know whether we were serious or not. He gave me a wide smile as he walked past with his guitar.

“You excited?” Jack’s voice came from behind me.

“No as excited as you obviously,” I said as I turned around.

He had a massive grin on his face and I could tell that if he didn’t get out there soon he would start bouncing off the walls. I handed him his guitar.

“So is Daisy here tonight?” I asked.

“Err, well, no,” he stuttered.

I nearly asked why but dropped it when I saw the look on his face.

“Are you and Jordan like, a thing?” Jack asked.

“I’m not really sure,” I answered, “I don’t think so.”

“Good,” Jack said quietly, “I mean, err, okay.”

Why was he acting so, so weird? It was uncommon for Jack to be so uncomfortable and awkward. It just wasn’t like him. The big white curtain was up now and before I could ask Jack what was wrong he was already in his place on stage. I sighed and folded my arms over my chest. Something weird was going on.

“I think he likes you,” someone said from behind me.

I turned around to see Matt behind me, smirking widely.

“What?” I asked.

“Jack. I think he likes you,” He laughed.

“You do?” I asked.

“Yeah, man.”

I turned away from Matt and looked at the stage. Jack was head banging along to Lost In Stereo. He turned his head slightly and looked at Matt and I before looking away again. I had no idea if I had feelings for Jack or not, but I did feel something.

As the last song faded Jack and Zack jumped around the stage together while Rian slowly ended the song with a soft drum beat. All of a sudden something snapped and hit Jack in the face, causing him to stop playing and drop to the stage. I ran onto the stage after him to see that a few screws had come loose on his guitar, making the strings flick up and hit him in the face. I wrapped his arm around my shoulders and dragged him to the dressing room.

Jack’s P.O.V

“You did what?” I shouted at Matt.

“I gave her a hint, that’s all,” He defended himself.

“Why?” I growled.

“Well you aren’t going to make a move. Man, it’s obvious you like her,” he replied.

“So? That doesn’t mean you go say something to her!”

“If you don’t get in, someone else will,” Grieco said as he appeared in the dressing room.

“What?”

“Well, she’s dating that Jordan guy right?”

“She said they weren’t exactly dating.”

“Dating or not, he might get in before you, dude.”

I sighed. They were right, but I didn’t want to wreck our friendship. But I also didn’t want Jordan to get in before me.

“You’ve gotta choose, man,” Matt said.

“Choose what?” Valarie’s voice sounded as she entered the dressing room.

She was carrying the medic kit from the bus. I had completely forgotten that I’d been bleeding.

“Whether he wants diet cola or normal cola,”Grieco covered up quickly.

“How’s my baby?” I asked, attempting to change the subject.

“Fine. She’ll be easy to fix, don’t you worry,” Valarie smiled, “It’s you we’ve gotta worry about.”

She moved closer to me and knelt down so that her elbows were resting on my knees and our faces were extremely close. She started dabbing the cut on my forehead with something that stung really badly.

“You know,” she said softly, “You’re lucky the string didn’t hit your eye.”

“I suppose so,” I replied quietly.

She was so close that I was too nervous to even breathe. Our noses were nearly touching and her bright green eyes seemed to be sparkling. I leaned forward so that our noses were touching. Valarie stopped dabbing at my forehead and her hand lingered on my cheek. Her eyes moved from the cut to my eyes. I caught her wrist in my hand.

“There,” she murmured quietly before pulling away and leaving the dressing room.

“Damn it,” I muttered to myself.