I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter 25

Sof’s P.O.V

I tossed everything out of my suitcase as I attempted to find clothes. Zack groaned as I flung a shoe over my shoulder and I guessed I’d hit him with it. I eventually settle for a pair of beat up, black doc martins, black leather leggings with white crosses all over them and a baggy black shirt. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and pushed Zack into the bathroom, locking the door on him and getting changed.

“Can I come out yet?” He asked.

I unlocked the door in reply and let him out. No one knew what was going on between us, not even us. We didn’t know if we were together or not and it was starting get everyone confused. I pulled him down onto the bed beside me so that our thighs were almost touching.

“Can we please sort out what’s going on?” I asked, staring at my feet.

I felt Zack’s hand skim my leg as he reached for my hand, grasping it in his. His skin was warm, even though it was freezing outside.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I mean, like, are we together? Or are we just friends? Because you never show how you really feel about me unless we’re alone.” I blurted.

I looked up from my boots and blushed. His green eyes stared at me hard and I noticed for the first time that they were almost a brown colour. His hair and started to curl up again as it grew longer and I absently brushed his fringe out of his eyes. He caught my hand and pressed it to his lips gently.

“Let’s say we’re together, then?” he murmured, “If that’s what you want too?”

I nodded and couldn’t help but smile. Zack dropped my hand in my lap before putting his behind my neck and bringing me closer to him. His lips pressed softly against mine and I felt my hands curl up and rest on his chest. His other hand slid down to the small of my back.

“Have any of you seen Rian?” Someone called as I heard the door creak open.

I felt Zack start to pull away as the person walked into the room but I tugged on his shirt and pulled him back to me. If we were going to be together, we had to be together in public. I felt Zack laugh and knew he wanted the same thing too.

Valarie’s P.O.V

I absently rubbed the back of my neck, running my forefinger along the thin pink line that ran across it. My stitches had finally been taken out, which meant the ugly bandage went too. There was still a few more weeks left on my cast. I dropped off the hospital bed, my cast clicking against the white linoleum floor, and made my way to where Jack was leaning against the doorframe.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, engulfing me in his arms.

“Not bad,” I said against his chest, “Could be better.”

He nodded and pressed his lips gently to my forehead. He clutched my hand as we walked out of the hospital toward his car. My cast clunked along the ground as we walked and I hated thinking about the fact that I’d still have it on when we go back on tour.

“So Valarie,” Jack said, giving me a sidelong glance.

“So Jack,” I mocked.

“Well, you’re birthday’s coming up, isn’t it?” He murmured.

“Yeah, why?”

“No reason,” He shrugged.

“You want to know what I want for my birthday?”

“Well yeah,” he admitted.

“Don’t get me anything.”

He sighed, and I could tell he knew that was exactly how I was going to answer. I groaned.

“If you really need to get me something, band merch would be awesome. But don’t spend to much, seriously.”

“But-.”

“Eighty dollar limit, okay?”

“Fine,” he sighed.

I leaned over and turned up the radio just as All The Small Things by Blink 182 started playing. It was one of Jack and I’s favourite songs, and whenever it played everyone would say it was ‘our’ song. We both sang along in over-exaggerated Tom DeLonge accents, laughing at each other’s impressions of the lead singer. It reminded me how we used to be, best friends, and even though we were more than that know I knew we’d always be just like two stupid best friends.

Jack’s P.O.V

“What are you guys getting her?” I asked.

We all sat in the hotel room that Valarie, Alex, Sam and I shared. Cass and Donna had deliberately gotten Val out of the hotel so that we could all plan for her birthday.

“Getting who?” Zack asked.

“Val, for her birthday.”

“Me and Rian and Zack are all chipping in for a prezzy,” Alex answered, opening another can of beer.

“So are we,” Sof said, “Us girls are getting her something too.”

“What though?”

“It’s a surprise,” Sam winked.

“Why can’t I know though?”

“You’ll tell her!”

“No I won’t.”

Rian just gave me a look. They were right. I probably would tell Valarie.

“She gave me an eighty dollar limit,” I groaned, “I wanted to get her something big.

“She told us that too,” Alex said, “Doesn’t mean we listened.”

“Yeah,” Zack agreed, “Just tell her it was eighty dollars and she’ll never know.”

When Cass and Donna came back with Valarie we all retreated to our hotel rooms to pack up again. We were going back on tour the next day. I helped Valarie load the trailer with guitar cases before climbing back onto the bus. It was freezing inside it because it hadn’t been lived in for two weeks. Sam agreed to swap bunks with me so that Valarie and I’s bottom bunks were beside each other.

It felt good to be back on the road again, and even better to have Valarie with us.