Threatening Words

"Y-you c-came b-back? Y-you c-can't... h-e will get you..."

"Shhh... I don't care what happens..." She holds him close, but gentle, trying to comfort his terrified mind and shaking bones. "I am here with you... I'm here now, and there is nothing else that matters more than this moment..." She holds his head to her chest.

Alek wants to fight it, to get her to safely, but he becomes choked up, his hands clinging to her. He doesn't fight the tears that come. "Y-you're... you c-came back..."

"Yes my love... I came back..." She kisses his forehead and her face softens feeling his cold body and weak hands. She continues to keep him close and whispers, "I'm going to keep you safe... I'll protect you... I'm here now..." She kisses his forehead again, softer.

"C...can't stay..." Alek tightens his grip on her. "N-need to le-leave."

"Oh hush now...." She holds him closer "Your grip obviously wishes for me to stay..."

"N-no, take me to D-d-d..." Alek shivers, going silent.

"Shhh.... I can't take you to Darnassus just yet..." She kisses his cheek "My love I shall tend your wounds but after you will have to stand...."

"I-I can't..." he whispers, his head burying into her.

She shakes her head whispering softly "Alek you have to.... you have to be strong I know you are..."

Alek swallows. "I-I can t-try..."

She smiles softly and looks at him "That's it... good.... keep saying that." She lays him down gently, as if she might leave.

Alek's eyes widen. "T-take me wi-with you! D-don't l-leave, pl-please I c-can't take it anymore!"

"Shhh hey hey I'm not leaving.... I'm not leaving I'm just going to grab some stuff to heal you with okay?" She looks at him, her hand on his. She waits until he answers.

Alek nods slowly. "D-don't be s-seen..."

She nods and leaves. She comes back a small while later with some supplies. She sits beside him and lays him on his back.

Alek is silent, his hand staying on her leg.

She begins healing him the best she can. She first starts by cleaning him. "... are you okay...?"

He closes his eyes. "N-no..."

"What did he do...?" She continues, examining the wounds.

Alek shakes his head, a small whimper following.

"Oh Alek..." her ears lower and she continues to clean him gently. She finishes and begins wrapping him up. "... I'm going to kill that fox...."

"Y-you're father... is he..." Alek's hand tightens on her dress.

She nods "He is fine Alek... and you'll be fine too... I promise..." She finishes bandaging him and kisses each wound gently.

Alek nods softly, his grip loosening. "I want to go... I w-want to leave..."

She looks him in the eyes and hesitates before nodding slowly. "Okay my love... I understand..." though her eyes look sad. She continues kissing him softly.

Alek places his hand on her cheek, lightly touching her. "I missed you..."

She smiles softly "I missed you too..." She kisses his cheek lightly and looks into his eyes. "And I will keep you safe."

"I... I want y-you safe t-too...!" He strokes her cheek. "...p-please don't g-go back t-to him!"

She sighs softly and looks at him. "My love... I don't have a choice... I want to protect you..."