Death's Confession

Alek stands. "Their father is a cruel man, this can not go on..." he mutters.

"It isn't something we can control...." he looks at Alek, whispering. Wrath continues to cry and whimper to herself, whispering, "Tick....... tock..... tick.... tock....." Death shakes his head and grabs Alek, disappearing.

Alek says nothing, his face cold and bitter.

They are back in the foggy area. Death looks at him "... Alek? Whats wrong?"

"Those people are being put through torture!" Alek gestures out with an arm. "No one deserves that!"

"You're right Alek. No one deserves anything they go through. But there is nothing we can do about it." His voice is colder than usual.

"And why not? Why were they even put there in the first place?" Alek turns to him, upset. "I'm sure there is something!"

"They are his children, and he finds that an excuse to do whatever he wants." He looks at Alek sharply "He needed challenges, and torture leaders. So, they grew up like that. Forever. And they always will."

"That is unjust! Melophiles shouldn't lock them away like animals in a cage! They have thoughts, emotions, desires!" Alek turns away, looking into the fog, "There has to be something, anything that could make it at least a little better."

Death clenches his fist, and it begins shaking. The ground and fog all of a sudden turn black and the world goes dark "THERE IS NOTHING! NOTHING YOU CAN DO! YOU THINK I HAVEN'T TRIED TO STOP MY BROTHER?! WELL I HAVE! IT'S HIS RULE, NOT OURS!" Death stops. The fog and ground turn normal.

Alek froze for a minute before placing a hand on his shoulder, his tone and expression softening. "Let me help you..."

"You.... can't..." his voice is like stone and he turns away "And I mean it. You can't. Not because you aren't capable, because it can't be done. Now follow me so I can take you home." He begins walking.

Alek hesitates, following slightly behind. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it..." he smiles a bit and goes back to his regular mood. He looks at Alek "Just be sure to visit me once and a while." He winks and chuckles "... that was a joke. Please don't die again."

Alek chuckles lightly. "Well, we all have our time. I'll be sure to see you eventually."

"And I shall look forward to seeing you!" He laughs "Hey, can ya do me a favor in the real world?"

"Anything." Alek smiles.

"Well..." he grins "Find me a nice gal. Pretty maybe, but a good heart. When you find her... Can ya send her down for me?" He laughs.

"There may be someone who fits that description already down here... Torena Morelle." Alek's smile shrinks slightly.

"Ah... Torena..." Death smiles a bit "I remember her... wonderful gal but..." he sighs and shakes his head "Gone now."

Alek nods, patting his back. "I'll find you someone. It would be nice for someone down here to get a happy ending." Alek bites his cheek. "And as for Kogan and Darwin..." his face falls. "Make sure they know I'll miss them."

"Will do..." he smiles at Alek "And thank you... I hope you do well. Heh, I better not see you in less than twenty four hours. Based on how you live.... I had to give a warning." He chuckles.

Alek nods, his smile coming back. "I'll try." He chuckles.

".... Good luck my friend..." Death smiles and snaps his fingers.

Alek wakes up in the battlefield where he died, his body healed, yet a scar remains on his chest

*******

A/N: MWAHAHA ALEK BE BACK!