The Prince's Return

Alek opened his eyes, the bright of the snow blinding. The smells of blood fainter than before but still obvious. He groaned, feeling some soreness come back. He gets to his feet, picking up his sword and sheathing it. "I'm coming my love."

Bridgette sits on the throne. Her wrists and ankles are bound in chains and her necklaces are gone, replaced with one. Her eyes are dull and empty, and they stare at the ground.

Alek took off the patch of Alcor, walking through the field, spring ending.  Alek felt distressed, wondering how long he had been gone. He kept walking, stealing a cloak that someone was drying on a line. He pulled it over his face and sword.
Alek made it into the main town of Alcor. He looked around at the people, curious about how they were taking the situation at hand, curious as to who won the war.

Everyone was blank faced and seemed to be moarning the deaths of the kingdoms. Castoria had won. Alek kept his eyes forward, marching up the palace steps, cloak swaying behind him. He reached the gate of the palace, looking in and seeing the main doors and front gardens.

The garden looks beautiful, but it has an off feel to it, as if there is no care. Guards stay at their posts, and Alek notices it's summer.
Yet the sky is grey as if it might rain.

Alek pushes open the gate, stepping inside. He doesn't go to the main doors, knowing every secret to the castle. He starts for the north wall.

Everything is exactly the same, except with that off feel.

Alek finds a spot on the wall, covered in ivy. He starts climbing the ivy, being able to slip through a window near the top.

Two guards spot him and begin marching towards him, their swords ready, "Hey! Get down from there!" Yet they don't try very hard.

Alek looks down and curses, shutting the window. He estimates he has five minutes until someone comes searching in the room. Alek looks around, finding himself in the library. He ducks behind a bookshelf, checking for anyone who could be in there.

A servant finishes cleaning the library and leaves.

Alek keeps the hood on, moving through the library, cringing at any noise he makes. He opens the library door a crack.

The halls are empty.

Alek starts down the hall, walking with purpose. He keeps alert, watching for anyone. Alek reaches the top of the main stairway, taking the stairs two at a time.

Bridgette stares as Monarch on the throne. Her ears are showing, and so is her skin, but she is wearing the mask and a... slightly revealing dress. Timber walks into the room and smirks. She doesn't react and keeps a stone face.

Alek runs into a guard and they are so shocked they hardly have time to act.

Alek unsheathed his sword, swiftly bringing the hilt up to the guard's forehead.

The guard passes out and collapses on the ground.

Alek sighs, sheathing his sword again. He leans the guard against the railing. "He could pass as asleep..." Alek whispers, continuing on, being more careful.

He reaches the throne room, standing outside the door. He listens, hardly breathing.

"My dear... you look lovely... as always..." Timber's voice is slick.
Bridgette says nothing, and continues staring. Timber chuckles and walks to her "Still you refuse to take off that mask..." he strokes her cheek, and she still doesn't move yet her eyes slit. "Mmm.... I would very much wish to see your face~" He chuckles and kisses her lips before turning and leaving the room with a grip on one of her chains. "Dinner will be soon my dear... come with me..." she stands slowly and follows him. The throne room is empty.