The Pledge

Everyone seems to be content with the kingdom. The summer sun is shinning brightly and children play outside, people going about their daily schedules.

Alek smiles lightly, seeing the change in his people. He tries not to be noticed as he makes his way up the stairs. He arrives at the gate. "Id like to arrange for a meeting with the king." Alek says to the guard. "Let me in." He says calmly.

The guard looks at him and his eyes widen. He simply nods and opens the door for Alek to walk in. As he does, he notices a cloaked man place a finger to his lips and slip away from the castle.

Alek bites his cheek, raising his head as he walked with purpose inside. He took a deep breath as he entered, knowing that the cloaked figure had to have been one of the hidden assistants, maybe Nixxiom himself.

Inside servants work and the kingdom flows naturally. In the throne room, there is familiar singing.

Alek stops in front of the door, his face hinting at a frown. He shook his head, poker faced as he would in front of royalty. He knocked on the exterior door of the throne room.

The singing stops. Timbers sigh can be heard and he says "Enter."

Alek pushes open both doors, bowing as they open. He doesn't move, politely waiting to be recognized, as one should when greeting a king.

Timber is sitting in the throne and Bridgette is standing at his side with a blank expression. When she sees Alek her eyes widen and she looks away quickly, glaring st the ground. Timber stands up sharply "You... get out of my kingdom..."

Alek stands upright. "Your highness." His face was still. "I have come offering my services to your kingdom."

"Service.... hmph..." his eyes narrow and his lips twitch. He obviously has a lot of questions on his mind, so he quickly turns to Bridgette and asks "How is he here?! Didn't you send him back?! Why can he walk on his own two feet?!" Bridgette jolts and looks at him. She answers honestly "...I don't know." Timber growls and looks at Alek again, glaring.

"Might I just say, your avoidance of questions is quite clever." Alek keeps his eyes calmly on him. "To answer your questions, she had given me the chalk, she never saw me leave. I did, although, it was short lived freedom. I don't belong in that world. I went to a priest who means much to me. He helped me recover." He bowed his head, hands behind his back.

Bridgette continues to look away from him, but one of her ears perk up as if listening. Timber growls. "Your flattery will get you no where." Timber keeps his eyes narrowed and Bridgette looks at him. She then turns to Alek. "You... wish to be a servant?" She speaks sternly, yet softly.

"I do. This kingdom is all I've known." Alek bit his cheek again, remembering how she had blatantly ignored him the last time he saw her. Sure, the circumstances were odd, but he had wanted at least some word of reassurance.

She keeps her head level, and her face is covered by Monarchs mask. She remembers his words with pain and gulps. Timber speaks. "I don't want you in my castle unless you are in chains. You have no purpose here." Bridgette keeps her mouth shut.

"I can understand your mistrust. Allow me to point out that I do not have my sword with me." He raises his hands. "As well as the remaining bandages from the things that I went through in that chamber. I don't fancy the idea of going back there. I don't fancy the idea of being beaten any more." He lowers his hands. "I only wish to stay near to that which is familiar to me."

Bridgette looks down and gulps again with memories. Timber narrows his eyes "... Once a week, you will let me beat you. If you are working here, I get something in return." He sits back on the throne.