Chapter 59

I laid in bed and watched a TV I had Elijah get. It was a need. I rubbed my stomach while I laid there. I felt movement, I smiled. Then more movement, a more sudden movement. I sat up a bit. I felt a sharp pain in my side. A liquid flowed from my nether regions. I quickly touched at it and my hand was covered in blood.

"ELIJAH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Thomas and Klaus ran into the room panicked as well as I.

"What's wrong?!" They both jumped to say. The blood still on my hands.

"Where's Elijah" I cried.

"He won't be back for a bit," Thomas replied. He then went to pick me up. "We have to get you to a hospital," Klaus quickly stopped him.

"She's a hybrid," Klaus objected. Thomas continued to pick me up and ran me to a hospital.

We came through the doors.

"We need a doctor!" Thomas shouted. People quickly rushed to our assistance.

"My baby..." I said feeling faint. Nurses quickly got me onto a bed and rushed me somewhere. Lights seemed brighter and blinding.

I remained conscious, though everything sounded like I was under water. I was put into a room and the doctor kept asking me questions and checking vitals. He stopped when he listened for my heart beat. He just froze like ice. I knew what I had to do but I didn't know if I could. Worth the try.

"Ignore anything that makes no logical sense and save my baby," I persuaded and it worked.. I felt so relieved. I felt myself slowly slip away and some how I knew I'd be okay.

When I finally opened my eyes I was being crowed by nurses and doctors talking all at once. I looked to my left Thomas was sitting down in the room. He was looking as white as a ghost.

"Thomas what's going on?" I asked. The room suddenly quieted.

"Perfect shes awake. Let's get some pain meds and let's get going," a Doctor announced setting the room on fire. Two nurses ran out the door while one nurse and a doctor stayed.

"Doctor... What's going on?!" I asked panicked. He grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.

"The baby is coming," he then smiled a little but all I could do was panic. Where was Elijah? Why was I bleeding?? The machines in the room beeped like crazy. "Ma'am please calm down. Just relax-" the doctor stopped talking to me and directed his focus to the nurses. Within seconds I felt a pinch away from being numb. The doctor called Thomas over to us. Thomas who's pale appearance was turning green.

"Hold her hand," the doctor instructed. Thomas quickly latched onto me. He avoided looking anywhere but my eyes.

"You look worse than me Thomas. You alright?" I asked squeezing his hand in pulses. He nodded and awkwardly smiled.

"Alright momma. On the count to three I want you to push as hard as you can. Okay? One." Time slowed down the instant the doctor started counting. Then, when he said the next number everything froze like ice. No one moved, no one spoke. It was peaceful. "Three..."

It seemed like time forgot those several minutes of agony. I felt nothing, heard nothing, and like magic, my hearing started to work as I heard a faint cry. The cry grew louder and louder as I was able to see the doctor's face. He held a child. It screamed and at that moment, my life became different... The doctor looked down at the child and back to me.

"It's a girl," he said. He laid her on my chest. I looked over to Thomas who saw her like she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. She was beautiful. And... she was. But she was also in danger... My heart dropped in my chest as I was filled with fear. Someone was going to try to take my baby.