Chapter 35

"What the hell do you mean Klaus?!" I said. Now I was on the verge of tears.

"You're not safe out there. You-- Nevermind,"

"Klaus what the hell are you talking about?!"

"You come from a long line of witches who so happened to be.. Identical... For centuries these witches blessed themselves and the next generation. Usually luck and prosperity. But one generation fell for a vampire... He turned her, but they were never happy enough. They lacked the family aspect. They needed a child. Both unable to provide a child, they staked each other in the heart,"

"Wait. Then how did the line go on?" I asked.

"That woman was only one of her witch sisters.... The coven of witches refused to let another of the family be so stricken with grief. They cast a very power fertility spell that was powerful enough even for vampires..." I took a seat on the couch and continued to listen. "Many years later, several of the witches died of plague. Three sisters remained, they would have children of their own and die naturally. Further along down the line, your ancestor fell in love with a werewolf. She was heart broken that he was in pain during every change. One night he changed and was killed by hunters. The witches then, made it so they had the ability to cure a werewolf..." Klaus explained. I sat in awe.

"But... Elijah told me, that the witch who created him also created me..."

"Our mother did somewhat create your blood line. She was in the same coven, further down the road and not sisters like the others were," he explained.

"So what your telling me is that I'm some freak of nature! I'm a tool to supernatural beings?!" I shouted. I wasn't angry with Klaus. Not at the moment anyway....

"No not at all, it's your power," he corrected.

"So what, I'm a witch too?" I asked. This whole thing was extremely confusing to me.

"Yes," he said plainly.

"I still don't understand Klaus!" I said frustrated.

"I told you all I know. All anyone knows..." he said.

"No one wrote this shit down?! Not a step by step guide titled 'how to be a supernatural tool/freak'?" I questioned. I was joking but at the same time I wasn't. Klaus remained silent. I got up and hugged Klaus, tears began streaming down my face. "What do I do..." I ask. I didn't choose this, I didn't want any of this. I already thought this situation was complicated. Now it was only worse. I don't know how any of this worked, I just know what I'm told. And even then, no one knew all the details.

Klaus just held onto me, we both remained silent. I felt as if I let go of him; I would let go of myself, but I released from the hug.

"I'm tired," I said avoiding his eyes.

"Your room is just how you left it. Well, with a couple modifications," he added. I walked up the stairs and into my room. Klaus was right, it was just as I left it-- still untouched. I closed the door behind me and sighed.

I went into my bathroom and turned on the water to the tub. I checked underneath the sink for bubbles, surprisingly there was some. I grabbed the bottle of soap and poured nearly the whole bottle into the running water. I undressed myself, peeling off my clothes that were stained in blood. As I walked toward the tub with the bubbles I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My neck had small dried dots of blood on it. I turned on the sink and rinsed it off. I continued into the bath, bending over to stir the water around. A drop of blood dripped into the water. I quickly touched my necked and looked at my hand to see nothing was there... I shook it off and entered the warm water. I turned off the water that was beginning to rise to the top. The water didn't nearly have as many bubbles as I had wanted but it was better than nothing. I laid beneath the water with my eyes closed. I held my breath and listened to my heartbeat. I opened my eyes under the water. The water was dark, tainted with red. I quickly burst above the water! I rushed out of the water and went towards the mirror. My bite wound had returned! My veins in my neck turned black and my throat began to close up! I gasped for air and I took one final breath....