Chapter 44

My eyes opened slowly. I could see my room. I was in my bed, the blankets surrounded and protected me. I sat up quickly and looked around. The sunlight was just starting to light up my room-- it's rays gently rising. Was any of that real? It all felt real. I threw off the warm blankets and was attacked by cold air. I was wearing new clothes? Well, not new but clothing different to what I was wearing before. Black sweat pants with a red sports shirt, a five was printed on the front in white block lettering. At least I was dressed in something decent.

I swung my legs to touch the ground. I was facing towards my door now which was closed. The clock on my night stand blinked the time 7:13 on Saturday so no school.  I heard the front door open and close! Without hesitation I rolled over to the other side of my bed and got low, I swore under my breath. I army crawled  towards my closet in search of a weapon. I stood up in my closet, nothing but metal hangers. The door to my room opened and I stopped breathing. They walked in a bit then stopped, they seemed unsure..? I didn't waste any time. I jumped from out of the closet and I pounced on the intruder, and knocked them to the ground!! I went to strike them while they were down but they stopped my fist from hitting them.

"Elijah..." My heart melted like butter in my chest. It wasn't a dream, he was here with me. We stopped fighting each other, he wrapped him arms around me and kissed my lips over and over.

"You're okay," he said then kissed me again, and again. "I'm here now," he said in between kissing. I ripped off his suit and kissed him more. Then he slowly pulled my shirt over my head. He looked at me to see if I was sure. We kissed more and more intensely. Our clothes all on the floor and we fell to my bed...

~~After~~

I laid my head on Elijah's bare chest. The sheets covered us completely. I looked up at Elijah and he kissed me again, less intense and a little more sweet. Then I laid my head back down on his chest and he kissed the top of my head. I let myself enjoy the moment before getting dressed and figuring out how everything was gonna work. School, Elijah, Klaus... 

Now fully clothed, Elijah and I stood in the kitchen.

"Would we live here?" I asked as Elijah made coffee. The sun was completely risen now and made the room glow yellow.

"That's completely up to you," he said looking back at me smiling. I missed his smile.

"But, what about marriage? If we even do that... School? I have to graduate at some point... And your insane brother!" I listed, becoming more worried as I went along. Elijah handed me my coffee from behind and hugged onto my waist. His face nestled into my neck.

"We'll only get married if you want to. We can stay here till you finish highschool and move anywhere in the world. Leave my brother to me," he promised, squeezing my waist. I took a sip of my coffee.

"Hmmm," I said, still unsure of my future.

"What?" He asked. He turned me around and put my coffee on the table. He looked me in the eyes, as I  looked away. "Please tell me what else is bothering you," he said trying to catch my eyes again. I looked up at him.

"I just don't want to lose you again. So much has happened," I started. He moved the neck of my shirt over and exposed my scar.

"This was destined, how it happened was not. My brother will pay for this. This, and everything else he has done to you. He's lost his mind. His crave for control is outrageous and immature," he said releasing his grip on my shirt.

"Your brother didn't do that to me, someone else did. Your brother pulled the wolf off me and snapped his neck. But it was too late..." I said flashing back to the moment I died. Tears flowed from my eyes. Elijah quickly wiped away the tears.

"You never died, you were reborn," he corrected. I hugged onto him. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Yes," I said muffled.

"Good. Then trust that everything will be okay. More than okay, within time."