Chapter 3

The men from my dream took a seat amongst the others and immediately stood out. Their attire putting the others to shame. I knew who they were and by the looks of it, I was no stranger to them either. Which only meant it hadn't been a dream, it actually happened... That meant the men weren't men... They were vampires! The one with the yellow hair winked at me while the other with long dark hair smiled. We ate in silence but I could see the amusement on the two's faces. While I ate I couldn't help but see him for what he was, I knew and it made me feel uneasy. I dropped my silverware onto the unfinished plate breaking the silence.
"Excuse me," I said leaving the dinner table. I stepped outside in the chilled wind and took deep breaths. Moments later the one with the yellow hair followed me outside.
"What is your name?" He asked trying to start a conversation.
"Rosalena" I answered. He smiled.
"Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he said flattering me.
"Thank you, it was my grandmothers," I said.
"Please excuse my actions for earlier today, I really want us to be friends," he said. I felt confused by his apologetic words, coming from a vampire.
"Your actions are excused but I am not your friend," I started. He looked confused and a little upset.
"I don't even know your name, how could we be friends" I joked. He laughed.
"Niklaus," he introduced.
"I'll just call you Klaus for short," I said. Klaus laughed a little and held out his arm in exchange for mine. I placed my hand on his hand and he kissed it. After Klaus left, the other men left and said their goodbyes but I never saw the other man leave, the one who saved me. I came back into my home and went into my bedroom. I sat on my bed facing the doorway. I blinked, then there was my savior. He stood in the doorway, he leaned into the wood blocking the opening.
"Who are you?" I asked with a smile, that made him smile.
"I'm Elijah," he introduced. I stood up and met Elijah in the doorway.
"You saved me this afternoon, and I assume you did some housework," He simply nodded and let me continue."Why did you save me?" I asked. Elijah avoided the question."If you shall not answer me that, answer me this, why did you come tonight?" I asked. Then, Elijah pulled me into him, his hands on my waist then moved them up to my face and lead me into a gentle kiss. I closed my eyes savoring the moment and when I opened them he was gone but the feeling of his lips remained