Chapter 38

~~One month later~~

It had been a whole month. I knew because all I did was count the days, watch the sun rise and set, and sit here in a prison. I wasn't the same person I used to be. Which was to be expected, I lost everything within a short amount of time and that's bound to change someone. Although, those boys had broken me worse than anything else had... When dad left, when mom had to leave, the betrayal of my own friends, even when my parents died. These boys did more than destroy me mentally, they killed me, quite literally. My body craves for blood and my mind craves entertainment. I needed freedom above all, there is only so much one person can take before they snap. I could feel it happening to me, I was at the verge of losing it all, again anyway. Was it worth it? Of course, I choose life. I choose freedom.

The sun began to set. The light that shone through the window and bars were moving downward. It was blinding, I turned away from the light. I was sitting in the chair that Klaus had sat in the night everything changed. It was almost time to take my vervain and blood dose. Something to keep me weak and it pissed me off. Something Klaus didn't think about was, you can build a tolerance for the burning liquid, like a drug, and I'd need more of it to keep me weak.

The boy who brought me my blood inched into the room cautiously looking all around then finally behind him, before shutting himself into the room with me. He wore a dark grey sweatshirt with a college name on the front and blue jeans. He and I talked fairly often for two people who shouldn't be talking. I learned many things about him but forgot most of them. His name was Terrance, he was born in New Orleans. That was all I remembered but I also knew he loved me.

Terrence handed me the vervain first, it was in a test tube. I popped off the cap and drank it like a shot and he watched me poison myself; It felt as if I drank lava but I was used to it. Then, he went to hand me the blood but stopped. I reached out for it and he pulled it closer to him. I reached further, then held he it at his side, and I got closer to him. He grabbed onto me and pulled me close. Our faces were so close, he stared into my eyes and then he looked to my lips. Time seemed to slow for a moment. He leaned into me and his lips touched mine. Then I backed up.

"Did you bring it?" I asked looking down as he tried to keep eye contact.  He turned around to a small bag. As soon as he turned his head around I ripped off the bed's headboard.

"Yea-" I interrupted him by hitting him over the head with the head board. THUD! His body went limp and I caught him before hit the ground. I then carried him into the bathroom and put him in the bathtub. I leaned down and kissed him on the forehead. He was out cold and would be for awhile. I walked back into where he dropped the bags of blood. I picked both of them up and drank them quickly, Terrance was amazing for bringing more but also stupid. For the first time ever I didn't feel as if I was missing something, I felt complete and powerful. I walked out of my room with ease and without fear. I was the strongest being as of now. I walked right down the stairs and out the front door. No one was even there.

I wandered through the woods in a direction that seemed right. I stepped through a bush and onto a back road. A pair of headlight blinded me as the fast approaching car came down the road. The car quickly hit the brakes screeching to a holt. I squinted and held up my hands to the light. A shadow stepped into the light and I saw them. I felt my cheeks lift into a smirk.

"Hey,"