Chapter 24

~~Hours Later~~

I was worn out from swimming with Elijah. I took a well-deserved shower and realized I still didn't have any clothes to change into. I was wearing a towel on my head and around my body. I was hesitant to walk out to talk to Elijah but I opened the door. Steam poured out into the room and my body had steam coming off of me too.

"Elijah?" I called, sitting on my bed.

"Yes, Rose?" He replied.

"Did we receive our luggage yet?" I asked. Elijah walked into the room.

"It seems that our carrier deserves to be fired. He only brought me clothing," he said a little angry.

"Oh. Okay, I was just curious," I said. Elijah left the room and returned with a white undershirt and a pair of his boxers.

"Here. Try these," he offered. I accepted the clothing and changed within the bathroom. I felt so weird wearing men's clothing but it was actually kinda comfortable. Elijah smiled when he saw me walk out. "It looks better on you," he joked. Then he seemed to wait for me to ask him to stay in my room. I wanted him to... I really did but I was afraid... Not of what he would do but, of what I would do. I crawled into the king sized bed and he covered me up in blankets.

"Good night Elijah," I said as he walked away turning off the lights. I felt bad that he was sleeping on the couch but he didn't actually sleep...

~~The Next Day~~

I woke up to the smell of food. I rolled out of bed to see Elijah cooking some breakfast! I smiled and greeted him.

"Good morning," we both said at the same time. I laughed. Elijah made me a plate of food. Eggs, toast, and bacon.

"Did you already eat?" I asked referring to blood. He smiled and set down a cup of coffee.

"I was thinking that we could go see the Eiffel Tower," he suggested. I choked a little with excitement.

"Heck yeah!" I said.

~~After Breakfast~~

My clothes showed up and I was able to get dressed in my own clothes! I didn't mind the boxers but I preferred my own underwear. I laughed to myself a little. Today is gonna be great.

~~Hours Later~~

"You know... You didn't have to compel everyone to leave," I said.

"I know," he said simply. I laughed. He would do just about anything for me. I just wished maybe he was more my age and didn't have a thing with my ancestor or want to have kids right now. I didn't want kids... Not yet. I didn't notice but I was beginning to frown.

"Everything okay?" he asked. I considered lying but I needed to tell the truth...

"Elijah, do you actually love me? Like really love me?" I asked looking out at the view. Elijah took me by the hand and looked me in the eyes.

"Yes," he said.

"But, why?" I questioned. He took very little time to answer

"Because you drive me crazy," he said immediately. I looked at him funny. "You are always on my mind. I can't think of any thing else... anyone else. It's always you and you give me this unshakable feeling of bliss and nervousness, it's both wonderful and exciting. I love you more than I can even say with words. This feeling I get," he put his hand on his heart. "It makes me feel more alive than I've ever been. When I'm with you, time isn't a spec of dust anymore, It's precious and valuable. I know why I love you and it's not because some witch made me, you are truly incredible in every way and nothing can change that," I was speechless and near to tears. I wanted to say something in return but I couldn't form a sentence as beautiful as his.

"I don't know what to say..."

"Tell me I'm not the only one that feels that way..." he looked into my eyes and I could see love... Love itself couldn't be seen but for a split second, it was a flash of the future. Every moment ahead of me shrunk down gleaming within his eyes. I kissed him and didn't pull away.