Chapter Twenty: Agent Potts

Lightning danced across the sky, another rumble of thunder vibrated the car. I jolted awake, peering over the seat, nothing was visible. How could anyone drive in this? It was horrible, coming down in buckets. Dean shifted in his seat; adjusting the rear view mirror, his emerald eyes stared back at me. A smile played his lips, "Princess scared of a little thunder?" He joked, wiggling an eyebrow. Guess he got the idea of me jolting awake was from the storm. Nah, I wasn't afraid of thunder. Even when I was little I wasn't. The only thing I was afraid of was in my head. I crossed my arms over the dusty Metallica shirt he gave me. "I was only joking, no need to pull a Sam face." Silence fell between us, the Winchester continued driving. Every once in a while he'd look back, eyes showing concern. Finally Dean threw the car in park-thinking there was no way he was going to drive in this-and turned around. "What's bothering you?"

I shrugged, "Nothing." That was a lie. Most of my life was filled with lies, as was Dean and Sam's. He threw me a look. The kind of look you get from your parents when they know you're lying. "Nothing." I irritatedly growled, humphing. He raised a hand, exhaling slowly.

"Fine, we'll be there in the morning." I grunted throwing myself back on the fake leather seats. Squeaking with every move I made.

---------------Morning---------------------

"Bobby said he'll be home around 12," Sam's voice floated into the back seat. I groaned opening my eyes, hissing then covering then with my arms.

"On a hunt?" Dean asked, looking at his brother.

"Shape Shifter." I threw myself through the small space between the seats. Huffing, Dean smirked, ruffled my hair then returned to the wheel.

"Shape shifter.....those are nasty critters....." I yawned, "How much longer?"

"About 5 minutes or so." I threw myself back, groaning again, my eyes moved over to the window. It didn't even look liked it rained last night. Everything was dirt dry. Huh, I wonder if anyone went through the house yet? It's been maybe a week? Only a week? What, how is that even possible. I mean it's felt like it's been three months. I guess being a hunter makes it feel like that. Half the time I wasn't even with the brothers. So I guess that doesn't count as traveling with them for the full week. "By the way, Rylie, you talk in your sleep."

"Do not!!" Dean cracked a smile turning into Bobby's drive. Everything was familiar, or as he left it, cars everywhere, scrap metal. The house was probably infested with papers and books about hunting, creatures in that matter. I remembered when I was smaller, my father left me at Bobby's for a few nights. Bobby wasn't really thrilled about having a 13 year old jumping around the house. He wasn't only annoyed but trying to take care of a vamp problem in his hometown. With me getting in the way there was no way telling what would go wrong. Instead I sat at his desk flipping through books, reading about different strategies that could kill certain creatures.

Uncle Bobby came home late, yes he left a teenager home alone, no energy what so ever. I made him dinner, then scurried upstairs hoping he would find the note I left him.

"Shut up," I playfully punched Dean climbing out of the car, the cocky smirk was still painted on his face. I couldn't help but huff in annoyance, "He'll be here soon...." I adjusted my shirt walking towards the house, upon entering the familiar smell danced in the air. Rustling. From the kitchen? "Great...." My nose wrinkled, I pressed my back against the wall and slipped into the kitchen. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Getting a drink." Dean lifted a beer bottle to his lips, "Oh yeah, back door."

"I know, I'm not stupid," Kicking the fridge door shut I stammered over to the kitchen table;tripping over myself; and took a seat. Dean offered a drink, "No, I don't drink," I lied, turning my attention elsewhere.