Chapter Seventeen: Painful Memories Of My Sister

"Duck," My sister threw another punch at my skull. I ducked easily slipping her up over my shoulder and flipped her onto her back. She grinned wickedly kicking my legs out from under me; I stuck my arms out to catch myself. Landing on my stomach I cursed angrily-while Jazmine laughed her ass off. Our father trotted by shaking his head, I sat up crossing my arms. Jazmine helped me up smiling, her brownish blonde hair flying in the wind. Her dark gray shirt was spotted with sweat, the converse she wore was splattered with mud and leaves that hitched a ride. "Should've paid attention." She smirked, throwing a playful punch at my shoulder.

Not even two months ago was when I died. She went to a crossroad and saved my life. Demon gave her a year-that was it. Carter knew what his daughter did but didn't stop her. He didn't even think what would happen to me when she's gone.

He never thinks of anyone but himself-keeping an eye on Jazmine and I occasionally. Then, he would disappear on a hunt and not return for a few days. When he'd return he would act like nothing happened. Half the time he would speak of this other hunter named John Winchester. Talking about hunts they went on together. I never really thought my dad was the kind of man to hunt with a partner. Rumors had been going around that John's wife was killed by a demon. No one knew if it was true; they did know John had two kids.

One named Sam, short with dark brown hair. And one named Dean, taller, older brother and had a hell of an attitude. Kinda thinking he can die what he wants. But he did watch out for Sam.

A year came and went, we lost track of time.

Jazmine and I were joking and playing in the living room. While on TV a football game was playing; we didn't even like football. It was just background noise while we chatted about good times before dad became a hunter. That's when she stopped in mid-sentence. Spinning her he's around the room, eyebrows furrowed. Suddenly, Jazmine jumped up from the couch eyeing every window.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I slapped her shoulder, with a concerned look. Her wide eyes gazed down at me. "What? There's no one here."

"They're here," She breathed, reaching for the knife on the stand beside her. It was rusty from several uses. Mostly when one of us were pinned to the ground by a vamp or werewolf. It would slow the wolf down long enough to kill it; for vampire usually we would keep it occupied long enough for the other to decapitate it. I stepped off the couch moving towards the large white patio doors. The doors shook violently-glass broke.

I shrieked covering my face. Jazmine's screams rang to my ears-she had dropped the knife. I told myself not to look; that it would be too much. She was my sister though; I looked. Nothing was there, though something was shredding her flesh like paper. Digging its razor sharp claws into any and all exposed flesh.

The wounds looked deep, her dark eyes filled with pain as she cried out again. I swung at the creature-with one swipe of what I was guessing its paw. I flew back into our mother's china cabinet. Glass rained over top of me; the large wooden cabinet tilted forward tumbling right on top of me. The last I heard was Jazmine saying my name then everything went black.

Two years passed, my father and I moved. Taking whatever would fit in our vehicles. Leaving behind many things thy we wish we could take with us. Every time I looked at a picture of Jazmine and I, I would grow angry. It was my fault she was dead. She should've left me dead.

Now, I lived in a beat up old house on a street filled with rich people. I don't even want to know how my dad afforded this. He said, he "helped" the seller with a problem they had. I still didn't want to know.

After two weeks at the new house I learned my cousin became a hunter. She lived a couple states over in California. Keeping her sightings low. My whole family was a mess. Two months later we got a call saying my cousin was killed by a grizzly in Wyoming. It wasn't an animal. Carter and I both knew that.

How come I keep loosing people I love?