Chapter Eighteen: John Winchester

Down the hall to the right of the nurses desk a little boy cried out, to his left his father tried restlessly to silence the boy. Farther down the hall, a small crowd followed a hospital bed. An older man lying in it-attached to several machines. It saddens me to see people in a place like this. Hurt but they had to wait for treatment. Sam pulled me around the corner-we continued walking at a steady pace. I glanced at passing patients, smiling to cheer them up.

We passed a room with an elder couple chatting about good times when they were younger. Dean scaled down the hall in long strides; he turned the corner in a rush. Coming face to face with a doctor as tall as Sam. Sam apologized, walking pass the male. I didn't follow, a crying little boy caught my eye once more. His short blonde hair stained with ice-cream, his face smeared with chocolate. He was going to be pretty sticky when he was done.

Everything slowed-people who were trotting my looked as if someone turned slow motion on. My head felt light, a sickening feeling hit my stomach. A high pitch noise rang to my ears; my arms extended to catch me but the floor embraced me like an old friend.

Neither of the brothers came to my rescue. It was like no one could see me. Suddenly, everything was back to normal, only it wasn't at the same time. Disruptions filled the hall Dean disappeared down, yelling and whispering. I dizzily got to my feet running my hands across the cold brick wall to keep myself from falling. My head spun, like I was trapped on a never ending carousel. A couple bumped into me; sending me stumbling into a crowd of doctors. Sam was yelling, crying for help. Screaming something I couldn't quite understand. But I couldn't hear him, I could only hear my own heart beat. Listening to it beat unevenly at a hasty rate.

The Winchester's yell became smeared, everyone turned making a path to the two boys. I reached my arm out blinking rapidly-Dean wrapped his muscular arm around my own pulling me into the room with Sam. My head rolled back-staring up at the blank white ceiling. Sam was crying and Dean was holding back his tears, he couldn't. I couldn't cry.

It didn't feel right, the atmosphere was thick. As if the humidity suddenly bumped up. I fanned myself.

//Three Hours Later//

Crackling of flames never left my head. Watching John Winchester slowly fade away until he was nothing but a memory. Looking at my reflection in the window I saw the same old person. Long blackish brown hair, green eyes and rosy red cheeks. She wasn't the same. In my eyes you could tell something was off. Since the hospital I felt like someone clicked slow mo on and kept it on.

"Hey," Dean snapped his fingers beside her head. I slightly shook my head swallowing hard. For some reason I felt guilty. "You alright?" Dean's eyebrows furrowed, his dark eyes lighting up with concern.

"I-I'm fine." I lied, rubbing my forehead. Spinning, everything was spinning. Dean was suddenly jumping in the backseat, gripping my skull in his hands. Darkness swallowed me whole, not even a small warning before it happened.

(Hi guys!! I hope you like it so far! Thanks for reading. Please vote/comment. Appreciate it a lot. Thanks for all the votes)