Chapter Ten: Dad

His hand slipped through mine, quick and undetected. His soft eyes skimmed the room for any danger. Danger, as in demons. Or any other dangerous monster. He wouldn't leave unless there was something he needed to get. My bright green eyes opened just as he treaded out of the room. Listening to him exhale significantly, maybe he was right.

Right, that it would be better to tell him the truth. I wasn't like any other person in the world. Either was he, even yellow eyes said so. My hands clenched the black comforter keeping me warm. I pulled at the rope bounding my legs together; he wasn't stupid. That was for sure.

Across the room was a timeworn mirror, it looked about fifty years old. In the far right corner of the old compacted down mirror was some writing; and a large piece was missing. I shook the throbing pain from my head; and then eyed the fireplace. A loud bored sigh left my lips.

The front door opened mutely; he didn't know if I was still awake. But was sure I wasn't going to talk. My chest weaved up and down with unsteady breaths. He silently sat an old duffle bag on the floor beside me; his brown hair, strands hung in his face, was damp with rain.

Dean had to be wondering where his little brother ran off to; its been over three hours since we left. I yanked at the rope around my wrists once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rain drizzled down the windsheild of the Chevy Impala. Dean clicked it into park, throwing his head back with a loud sigh. His younger brother shot him a weary look. "What?" Sam asked furrowing his eyebrows. Dean leaned against the window. "I'm going to go grab somthing to eat." Sam stared out the rain covered windsheild.

Dean grabbed ahold of his brother's jacket, "She didn't tell you ." Sam raised an eyebrow.

"Tell me what, Dean? There isn't exactly anything to tell. She just ran off to find her father. Isn't that what we are trying to do?" He threw his hands in the air, ignoring the rain that soaked his clothes.

Dean shrugged off his brother's little speech. There was something else going on, other than just finding her father and their's. He stared down at the glovebox. The loud tone of a ringing cell phone filled his ears. He reached into his pocket and pulled the small device out. Across the screen it read:

Dad.