Chapter Sixteen: Learning

He blinked over and over-his shining emerald eyes squinted from the bright light that hung over top of him. A young blonde nurse was bent over examining his eyes; he shoved her back. She shot him a warning glare pushing him back further into the white hospital bed. He wasn't worried about himself, he wanted to know if Sam was alright.

He was in the hospital because of something their father told them to do. Sam rounded the corner; his hand clawing at the old wooden doorframe. Following him was her. The girl that would do anything for them even though they didn't even know her name. Her soft red cheek puffy from crying; her crystal like green eyes bloodshot. She lowered her hands to her side meeting Dean's gaze.

"Hey," Dean croaked, he raised his hand. The blonde nurse sat it back down removing his IV. Dean flinched, knowingly he deserved that from earlier. He watched her bite at her nails, her eyes watering up like she was about to cry again.

Sam crooked an arm around her figure pulling her into a much needed hug. She rested her head upon his chest; loosing herself in her own head. "We were worried." Sam admitted, gesturing towards the girl sobbing in his chest. Dean nodded sticking out his lower lip.

"I can tell," He started, "But where's Dad?" The dark haired female pulled away from Sam, her face stained with silent tears.

"I don't know, he left about twenty minutes ago to get something." The blonde nurse finally stood up, threw everything away and left the room without another word. Leaving three confused adults to figure out where this man had disappeared off to. Dean say up furrowing his eyebrows.

"I wouldn't worry about it, Dean. He'll be back soon." Sam forced a smile upon his lips, Dean returned it laying back. Sighing softly he parted his lips to say something but decided not to.

(POV Switch)

His arms tensed up about the conversation about his own father. I could tell Sam didn't get along well with John. Just by the way he acted whenever Dean mentioned him or when he was around. No one was worried about a demon being in the hospital; no one was worried because they didn't know. Sam passed me walking out of the room. Leaving me with his older brother.

"Dean," I said softly, my voice hoarse. The male turned his head wiping his frown off his features. A smile replaced it quicker than roadrunner. I ran my hand down the hospital sheet covering his legs. "Sorry about all this." He cocked a curious eyebrow. I stopped just at the edge of his bed, staring up at him. Nurses and doctors passed by without a care in the world what was happening right now.

The Winchester cracked an even wider smile, "It's not your fault, but I'm damn sure if the police didn't find that son of a bitch I'll hunt his ass down." Oh yeah his car. I hadn't thought of that. That was going to be fun to rebuild. "Seriously, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for my injuries." Pensively I agreed; treading to the other side of the bed where he was staring out the window. "I still never got your name." He playfully elbowed my side winking.

"Call me Rylie," I smiled poking his forehead. He grabbed my wrist with ease-yanking me forward.

"Well Rylie, since my car is in need of some fixin' I don't think we are going anywhere anytime soon." He said, unbalanced I fell over his legs. A laughed rumbled out of Dean's chest.

"Shit," I breathed. He ran a finger down my back-sending shivers up my spine. A very confused Sam came in the room holding a cup of coffee. He took a swig then sat it down on the nightstand beside his brother. A small lamp stood beside the up, it's bulb flickered. My eyes narrowed at the flickering-glancing up at Sam. He didn't seem to notice.

"Did I miss something?" Sam asked, pointing at his brother then myself.

"Just getting to know each other better." Dean replied, winking again at me. Sam exhaled, holding back a snicker.

"Dude, your way of getting to know so a girl better is bedding her. And that's not even getting to know her favorite food." I bit my lip holding back a laugh. Dean brushed his brother's comment behind him.

"We need to get out of here." I interjected.

"Hate hospitals?" Dean grilled, flipping his legs off the bed.

"Despise then horridly." Sam threw his brother his pants and headed towards the door. Where he kept watch for anyone. I turned around covering my eyes. A part of me wanted to see Dean. I knew Dean knew; he was smirking in the mirror. Crossing my arms I turned my head with a 'humph'.

"Don't think I don't see you, Rylie." Dean teased, Sam barely turned his head around with an eyebrow raised.

"You know her name?" The younger Winchester asked his older brother.

"Yeah, like I told you we were learning more about each other." Dean pulled his jacket on-after removing what medical wrap was on him. A smile planted on his soft looking lips. Sam rolled his dark eyes pushing away from the door.

"I didn't think you were serious."