Chapter 43

43 | Glow

~ You make me glow when you're around~🎶

- - -

Jenae woke up ever so slowly to a lot of warmth

Jenae woke up ever so slowly to a lot of warmth. She peeled her eyes open and her heart immediately fluttered inside her chest, as she woke up to an asleep but very naked Jae.

It had to be 6AM since the sun was just starting to rise up. And the little sun that peeked through the windows had Jae glowing like a god.

She let her eyes wander to her beautifully sculpted collarbones, to the smooth skin of her chest, then refused to look any further.

That'd only get her in trouble with herself.

Jenae continued to stare at the sleeping Jae and take in her facial features, along with the things she didn't notice until now.

"Finally awake?" Jae asked and Jenae's heart almost jumped out of her chest and ran off.

Jae then opened her eyes and gave her that charming smile of hers. Jenae still wasn't used to seeing her smile so much.

"I-I..." Jenae stammered before clearing her throat, gaining back her confidence. "I thought you were sleep." She said.

Jae just laughed at her before fixing herself closer to Jenae's chest. This made her gasp inwardly but it wasn't uncomfortable...

There was a moment of silence and for once it wasn't awkward but Jenae spoke up.

"What do you like about me?" She asked.

Jae looked up from her chest and into her beady eyes. This made Jenae's heart speed up again but she played it cool.

"Hm?" Jae questioned.

"I mean... at first, we didn't like each other." Jenae then chuckled, "I even thought you hated me."

Jae then nodded her head in agreement, "I did not like you." She stated.

Jenae chuckled again, "So, when'd you change your mind about me?" She asks.

Jae hummed as she thought.

Then she smiled, "That's a secret."

Jenae frowned for a second before prodding, "Then when'd you start liking me?"

Jae kept on smiling and it was obvious to Jenae that she was nervous.

"I don't even know."

"What the hell?" Jenae said out of friendly annoyance, "Really?"

Jae laughed.

"How about you? You didn't like me."

Jenae nodded in agreement.