Chapter | 7

7 | Snitch

~ You know? Snitches get stitches.

- - -

Jenae

Jenae

I got a phone call as my shift ended and it was from Jess. She reminded me that classes weren't cancelled today and my heart dropped. I ran out of Starbucks so fast. I completely forgot!

Why didn't Jae tell me!

-

"Kim Rodriguez?-" "-Here."

"Darien Dior?-" "-Here," he raised his hand and Ms. Keiser glared at him. "Didn't you fail last semester? Why're you here?"

He looked down in embarrassment as the classroom laughed. "Do better this year," Ms. Keiser finished before she continued taking attendance.

"Madison Rose?-" "-Here."

"Jenae Torres?" She called and the classroom was silent. "Jenae Torres?" She repeated looking up at her class.

Ms. Keiser took a deep breath.

"Participation makes up 20% of your grade. Midterms and finals make up 50%. Group projects make up 20%. And individual projects make up 10% percent. Group projects will be assigned soon," She announced and the whole classroom groaned in unison.

"Is there a problem?" Her voice rumbled. "Did you register for my course without knowing this? You should know this. Did you think this class would be ea—?"

The door to the classroom opened midway through her lecture.

-

I awkwardly entered the quiet classroom, "Sorry for interrupting."

"If you're sorry hurry and take a seat." Professor Keiser grumbled and I did.

"You're late." She called me out like I didn't already know. I mentally rolled my eyes, "Three tardies equal one absence. After three absences I'll automatically fail you." She states to the classroom. "I will always be checking attendance so don't think you're slick. Do you understand?"

"Yes." We all mumble in unison. I already hate this class and it hasn't even started.

"Jenae Torres?" She calls me and I sit up in my chair, "Yeah?-" "-You now have one tardy." She announced to me like I didn't already know. This fucking bitch...

"Jenae?" She called again and I looked up. "Where's your book?-" "-Uh..." I fumbled through my bag. Mrs. Keiser kept her gaze on me but I couldn't find it. "Not only are you late to my class but you also came unprepared!?" She yelled.

I nervously rubbed my curls and she faced the rest of the classroom with a glare. "Everyone take out your books!"

The classroom grew quiet barely anyone moved. Mrs. Keiser's face had turned a tomato red filled with anger. "What's wrong with you kids? Just because it is the first day of my class does not mean you come unprepared. Always bring your books with you!" She shouts at us.

"The next person who shows up without their books will end up having to repeat a year like Darien back there." She pointed him out and I heard him cuss underneath his breath. I would've done worse.

"The ones who have their textbook go ahead and open it," she grumbles.

I looked around for a second before I spotted a girl next to me wearing thick glasses. "Uh– could we share that real quick?" I asked her and her face blew up in color. It caught me off guard and I laughed. "My bad. Did I scare you?" "O-Oh... n-no... I just thought... um... here!" She quickly pushed her book enough for me to see. "Thanks," I smile and she blushes again looking down at her lap.

After class was dismissed I went to the library. Well, it's obvious that Keiser isn't going to make this any easier for me.

I'm more mad that I saw that bitchass nigga this morning. And she didn't have the balls to tell me we had classes.

Like she didn't even care?!

"J-Jenae... right?" said a soft voice on my left and I glanced up from my laptop.

It was that four-eyed kid.

"What's your name?" I asked her and she kept her gaze on her shoes. "Shi-Shiva."

"Shiva? Oh. Suits a shy girl like you," I joke and she blushes feverishly. It got quiet for a millisecond before I asked, "So?"

"U-Uh... hm...I have something to tell you," she whispered. "Um... the day we registered for classes... I saw who used the computer right after you when you were here in-" "Really?!" I cut her off and she jumped. "My bad... continue," I grin.

I stormed out of the library as soon as their name left her lips.

I'm going to kill that bitch!

-

I was fuming with anger as I sat beside Jess and Essence in the lounge

"You really think it's Jae? I don't trust that girl," Jess mumbled. "Yeah because you like Jae!-" I combat and she glares at me, "-No! Shut up. I'm saying that because your ass is so damn gullible!" Jess snapped. "-True," Esence agreed while typing away on her phone.

I straight faced them both, "-Issa lie."

"Don't you remember last year? You accused Jae of snitching on Darien and you was all wrong. Looking like a damn buffoon. You really wanna accuse her again? Or, make sure she is the one bro."

"If you care so much. Look at the security cameras in the library and look for your girlfriend," Essence smirked.

"Bitch." I warn her with my fist and she reflexes blocking her face, "Chill!"

I get a good look at the rim of her shirt and I spot something interesting on her neck. That a hickey?! I paused then shout, "Yo, you gotta hickey!-" She slapped her hand over her neck and a huge grin grew across my face, "No way! Who did that?" I looked at Jess and she was now facing the opposite direction of me.

"Yo! My mans!-" I said loudly as I placed my arm around her neck and started rocking her back and forth. "-I see you!"

"Shut up! Can we go?" Essence got up and I laughed dragging Jess along.

I froze and so did my friends as Jae was approaching me. All my anger towards her mildly boiled in me and I counted to myself until she stopped in front of me.

"Do you really suspect me?" She asked monotonously and my heart jumped.

Did she just hear our conversation?!

- - -

1/18/17 | To Be Continued...