Chapter | 16

16 | Catastrophe

Every unfortunate event
is another catastrophe.

- - -

Jenae

Jenae

I stared at Ms. Keiser as she gave me a little smirk and smiled at everyone.

This bitch...

"I bet you're calling me the witch Keiser in your mind right now?" No, even worse. She literally started laughing like a witch and that's when I decided I wanted out.

"It makes me so happy to give out work." Ms. Keiser grinned. "If one person is going to do all the work. I'll tell you one thing. Don't get caught."

"Jenae Torres! Do you understand?" She suddenly called me out and I jumped in my seat. Oh, Lord... "Y-Yeah I heard you."

Fucking bitch...

She gazed around at everyone in the room before grabbing her stuff. "Alright. Class is dismissed. Bye."

This semester really isn't going to be easy...

I took a peek at Jae and she looked at me the same time I did.

A little hope sparked until she gave me a look and turned back to her friends.

How am I going to work with that?!

I inwardly groaned.

Jae left the classroom room without a word to me and my mood deteriorated.

I apologized.

What else can she want from me?!

And she said some bullshit to me like–
"You're just like everyone else."

Was she expecting me to be different from everyone else? If so. Why me?

Man...

"Jenae?" a voice snapped me from my thoughts. I looked up to see four-eyes. "D-Do... you think maybe... we could get something to eat together?" She blushed and fiddled with her fingers.

I gave her this blank look.

"My bad. I can't. I already ate-" I lied. "-Oh," She quickly blushed and nodded, "Okay." She then scurried away and Yesenia walked up to me next, "Jenae!"

She dragged me over to Subway and sat us down for a meal.

"You lost your phone?" She asked me.

"Yeah-" I began, "-I don't know where. But it's somewhere. How was the date yesterday? Since I left... and all."