Chapter 42

42 | A First

~ Even when you think you know what's coming,
a first time can still surprise you.

- - -

Jenae wasn't the kind of person who went out of her way to pursue anyone

Jenae wasn't the kind of person who went out of her way to pursue anyone. She was both busy and shy. She never wanted to date.

Then she met Jae.

Jae, frustratingly perfect and yet still able to turn Jenae to a blubbering idiot with a quick glance and a charming smile.

Little did Jenae know she had the same effect on Jae. She'd been crushing on Jenae for months, before they actually met. But she didn't know how to do anything about it. She'd never dated before, never had or been a girlfriend before.

And now she knows it's the same for Jenae.

So, she was okay with the slow pace they went. She didn't mind, and she was patient with Jenae as they learned how to be in a relationship. Jae knew even though Jenae comes off really tense or awkward, she was happy with her. She seemed happy, Jae thought, most of the time.

She brought her coffee, reminded her to take breaks from studying or working, they went out to eat or other things, and they spent a lot of time just being with each another.

Jenae following and Jae guiding.

--

Jae's POV

Jenae quickly pulled away and apologized, "M-My–My fault, I got caught up in the moment and–"

I cut her short as I leaned in to continue the kiss but she covered her mouth before I could.

"You don't want me kissing you?" I asked her, genuinely confused.

"I-It's not that," Jenae said, flustered. "It's just... kissing aways leads to stuff... and I... I've never, y'know... had sex before."

"You're a virgin?" I asked.

"Yeah," Jenae nods. "Like I said before... you the first serious girlfriend I've had and I don't want the sex to be bad... I've got no idea what to do. And that's real fucking embarrassing, and you deserve better than a girl who ain't shit in bed."

Jenae had begun to unbraid her hair as she spoke out of nervousness.

"Who says you aren't?" I asked. "If you've never had sex before, you can't know if you are."

"I'm just a little scared," Jenae chuckled shyly.

"Don't worry," I smiled. "First times aren't what they're made out to be."