Chapter | 35

35 | Hennessy

~ You me and Hennessy...
Look what you did to me~ 🎶

- - -

Jenae

Jenae

Jae walked in and things became quiet.

"This is where you are?" She questioned and I look up to meet her stare.

I could sense Tyliah's jaw clenching.

Jae rounded the table and ended up beside me who was lost for words.

I just watched her as she sat beside me.

"I remembered coming here with you... and I wanted to come back and you're really here," she chuckles as I'm inwardly scowling at her in disgust.

How did she find me? Really?

I glanced at Tyliah and she was lost.

I feel like curling up into a ball as if I'm someone who just got caught cheating.

I'm supposed to be mad.

"Why are you still around her?" Jae asked Tyliah straightforward. Tyliah scoffed, "Around her?-" "-I already asked you to stay away from her. You don't listen."

Tyliah held in a laugh, "You did do that. And? Puppy-Dog owed me a meal so here we are. It's simple as fuck," she said.

That nickname still made my insides jump.

I glanced at Jae for a second as Tyliah continued, "If you don't like that. Leave."

I ended up taking a shot of Tyliah's alcohol because of the tension in this bar.

Jae just so happened to as well.

"If Jenae is paying... I guess we should drink," Jae said smugly.

Anyone else notice the change in her character? Or is that just me?

"One more glass-" Jae called.

"Gotcha," The bartender called.

"You must have a lot of time lately..." Jae chuckled at Tyliah. "When you should be working in order to feed and kiss your sister's ass. You shouldn't be relaxing."

I kept drinking to ignore the tension.

Tyliah slammed her hands onto the table.