Chapter | 29

29 | Second Date

~ second chance,
second date.

- - -

Jenae

Jenae

"Let's pretend not to know each other anymore from now on." Tyliah said.

I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"Really?" I laughed. "Okay."

I went to walk away and she looked like she wanted to stop me.

I smirked to myself as I walked away.

I'm not going to sweat that. She's not going to last one day without talking to me...

--

That night Jae and me got on the phone.

"You said your parents are opening a restaurant?" Jae asked me and I hummed, "Mhm... they'll be selling filipino food. I visited it not that long ago. The interior was nice and spacious. You should come by. My mom's a great cook," I smiled.

"I don't know..." Jae mumbles, "Isn't it a little too early to meet parents?-" "-What?"

I busted out laughing, "Don't joke like that-" "-Oh... it wasn't funny?" she chuckled. "I was trying to make you laugh."

"I laughed. Didn't I?" I chuckled. "I'll buy you dinner tomorrow night though. What you want to eat? I'll buy whatever you want. I just got paid-" "-Does that mean I can eat really expensive food?" Jae asked.

I winced.

"Really expensive?" I repeated before laughing. "You joking again right? Stop pl-" "-Alright." Jae cut me off.

I raised a brow.

"I was joking." Jae said and I laughed, "Yeah... so was I-" "-Alright... but we can eat whatever you want to eat."

"No..." I argued. "You can eat what you want. It's you I'm taking out."

"Let's just eat whatever." Jae laughed.

--