Chapter 40

40 | Sleepover?

~ When you falling asleep and someone asks "you sleeping?" Nah, I'm training to die.

- - -

"Hey, puppy-dog!" Tyliah called after Jenae but she didn't seem to hear her once she noticed Jae standing outside her car, waiting

She had on a nice white T-shirt with a black design on the front of it and a pair of Calvin Klein jeans. She dressed so clean as always.

Jenae smiled and jogged across the street to Jae before Tyliah could do anything about it.

Tyliah let out a sigh.

--

Jae's POV

"Hey!" Jenae smiled as she approached me with her hands in her pockets. "What's up?"

I already was smiling as soon as she set foot out of her university building.

I didn't respond but fixed her hair from the front of her face causing her to chuckle.

"Who's mom are you?" She questioned.

I was still smiling as I chuckled, "I wanted to take you home today." I looked towards my car before looking back at her, "Hop in."

Jenae smiled at me once more before rounding over to the passenger side and getting in.

I caught a glimpse of Tyliah in the corner of my eye with a look on her face before I pulled off.

It wasn't long before we reached her street.

I parked and we got out. Well, I got out and opened the door for Jenae against her will.

She shook her head with a soft chuckle as I took her hand and helped her out.

Once she was out, I didn't let go. And to my surprise, she didn't let go either. So, we walked to her apartment building hand-in-hand.

"This isn't awkward anymore, is it?" I asked.

But instead of answering, Jenae noticed the watch she gave me on my wrist and pulled it towards her, "You really wear it!?" She asked.

She wore a smile and I smiled back.

"I'm going to wear it every single day."