1.17

"You promised me always and forever." I say, more tears running down my face, I'm so focused on Kol that I don't realize that Caroline has entered until she wraps her arms around me.

"He's gone," I say, and she looks at me with sympathy, and she helps me up, and she brings me to her house.

Liz invites me in and I sit on the couch.

"Don't let any of them in," I say, when Caroline enters the room. She nods solemnly and sits next to me.

I smile through my tears. "You know I'm your former babysitter, I'm the one who's supposed to be comforting people."

"Luna you just saw the love of your life get killed, you are allowed to be sad."

"Caroline I need you to do me a favor," I say, my face turning serious, she nods at me.

"I'm going to leave town, start a life somewhere new. You can't tell anyone, okay?" I say, looking her in the eyes.

"What about Klaus? He can compel." She asks.

"I can compel you, not to be able to be compelled," I say, shrugging.

"You can do that?" She asks incredulously.

"I'm technically an original. The Original tribrid." I say.

"How about your family?" Caroline asks.

"They can live without me, they've done it before," I say shrugging.

"Fine." She says sighing.

I look into her eyes, "You will not be able to be compelled by anyone except me or Kol Mikaelson if he comes back. You will not tell anyone about this conversation." I compel her. She repeats what I say, and I smile.

"Why didn't you kill Elena and Jeremy?" Caroline asks.

"As much as I hate to admit it they are family blood or not, even though I am cutting off all ties with them," I say.

"I'll show you where you can stay," Caroline says leading me to the guest room, she smiles at me before she shuts the door and leaves. I go through the drawers. Bingo, papers and envelopes and pens.

And I start writing, to everyone who I loved.

I start out with a letter to Damon. I write on the envelope.

Damon

Then I take a piece of paper and start writing furiously.

Damon,

Where do I start? You protected me when we were human, and you still do. I still have that locket you gave to me, with pictures of all 3 of us. The Salvatore trio. I remember playing football with you, even though our father said it was a men's sport. But we didn't care. I remember all the times when you scared off any man who looked at me the wrong way. Oh how I wish to go back to those times.

I can't stay in Mystic Falls anymore, don't try to look for me or contact me. This isn't because of you, it's because I couldn't stop Kol's death. I hope you remember that I will always love you, I hope you can forgive me.

Your loving sister,

Luna

Stefan,

My baby brother. We were never close as humans, but we loved each other all the same. I remember the day of mother's funeral you came to my room in the night, you said you saw our mother, and you also asked to sleep in my room. I will love you until the day I die.