Chapter One

************************************

hey guys so i hope you enjoy my first story!! i'm sort of new to Wattpad so i hardly even know how to comment, but i hope you enjoy!!

Xx

*************************************

Chapter one

Dom's POV

My eyes were locked on the door. The clock made a faint ticking sound behind me, and I looked at it, three-o-clock. I flicked my sight back over to the classroom door, my leg now shaking and my foot tapping on the stone floor. The bell rang. I practically jumped out of my seat and ran to the door, down the hallways, and outside of the school. School's out!

This year had seemed like the longest school year yet, and although I managed through it, I was glad to be let out of that prison. I grabbed my iPod from my bag and stuck my headphones in my ears to the sound of loud music blasting in my ears. I turned up the volume a few more notches and danced around the school parking lot, my purple converse squeaking on the wet pavement due to rain. Despite how much of a dork I looked like I danced like an idiot still.

"Domonique!" I turned and looked at the steps to see my brother standing at the top of the steps. I smiled ear to ear and ran to him, suddenly a crowd of students flooding out of the door.

"We're out, Thomas! School's out now!" I yelled to my brother, and he pulled the headphones from my ears.

"You're yelling!" he said and started dancing to the song through my headphones, which were so loud that everyone could hear it, loud as a loudspeaker. The students all around me danced and sang along to the song. My best friend Sam came to me and yelled, "School's OUT!"

"I know." I said and felt it start to rain on my head as it had rained last night. I stuck my tongue out and felt the rain on my face. Sam and I laughed at ourselves for this and I said, "Sam, promise we'll always be friends!" and I stuck out my pinkie finger, "Pinkie promise?"

Sam shook her pinkie with mine. "Pinkie promise." She said, and we continued dancing around the parking lot...

I smiled at the memory of Sam and I, looking through my past school yearbooks, then I frowned because of another memory, too horrible to keep in my mind more than a minute at a time. I quickly shook the image of it out of my head, my eyes becoming blurry from tears, swelling up in my blue eyes. I wondered why, just for a moment, Sam turned on me. We were the best of friends, and now I have nobody. I sighed and wiped the tears from my eyes, automatically snapping shut my sixth grade yearbook.

"Class of 2009," I whispered the words on the cover of the book. "Well!" I threw the book on my bed violently, "go and bring back bad memories don't you?" I stared with hatred at the book, as my cheeks burned a cherry red with embarrassment. I hid my face in my hands, "books don't speak." I whispered to myself.

Luckily, I was home alone and nobody was there to see that whole scene. I picked up my yearbook and threw it into the hall with fury, then turned to my wall, staring, teary-eyed, at the framed photo that I hung on my wall, unknowing why I even hung it in the first place. I threw that into the hall as well. I threw some other stuff into the hallway, then all of the stuff in the hall I threw away in the kitchen trashcan.

My face hardened as I saw my mom's car pull into the driveway, and I quickly ran back upstairs to my room, shutting and locking the door behind me. I looked in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot, my hair tangled and my shirt torn a little bit at the shoulder. I looked out my window, my mom wasn't inside yet.

I picked up a 'good behavior stone' from kindergarten out of a basket my dad insisted on me keeping for 'memories'. I threw the stone at the mirror.

"Good behavior stone." I rolled my eyes and looked in the now half-way smashed mirror at my reflection. "Much better." I muttered and fell down onto my bed, closing my eyes and singing myself to sleep.