Chapter 41

Niall’s POV

*At the end of the funeral-1 week later*

Brooke’s private funeral just commenced, and I haven’t spoken to anyone, and I haven’t been eating properly. Brooke’s parents and her brother Jordan are in complete agony that they have lost both of the twins, and their beautiful daughter, and the lads and I have lost a friend.

Me, well I lost my soul mate. God can be cruel. I don’t know what I’ve done to lose my love, but I can assure you, I am paying for it with the utmost torment and agony.

“Niall.” I turned to see Harry standing beside me, with his hands in the back pockets of his charcoal black suit.

“She’s gone.” I stated, wiping away the tears that ruined my nonviolent façade.

“Niall, you don’t have to hide what you are going through. We feel pain to, and it is easier to let it out.” Harry advised.

“How Harry? My beautiful girlfriend is gone, and I can never see her again. Ever. She was a dream come true, the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and I just let her go, just like that, she was gone, in a blink of an eye. I love her so much, you don’t understand.” I sniffed.

Harry hugged me in a huge hug. “You’ll get through it mate, but you’ll need your friends, you can’t do this on your own, it his heart breaking to see you like this.” Harry frowned.

I sighed. “I’m going for a walk.”

I found myself at the edge of a cliff. I looked out at the grey sky.

“Niall.” A sweet, angelic voice said. It was her. It was too painful to think her name. it felt like a giant fist had punched through my chest and stole my heart. This happened when she left the earth, leaving me behind.

“Niall.” There it is again. every so slowly, I turned around, to be met with the face of the most beautiful girl who had ever walked this planet.

“Brooke.” I breathed, as the pain seared at my empty heart. “You’re gone. You left me.” I stated, not knowing whether to be mad at her. But she was here.

“Niall, I didn’t leave you.” Brooke stated, as the faintest smile began to crawl up her face. How could she smile, in a situation like this?

“You did, and you left me behind. You stole my heart, and I can’t cope without you! Brooke, baby, I need you.” I whispered, as tears poured down my cheeks.

She stroked my face adoringly. “Niall, you need to wake up.” She breathed.

“What?” I asked, dumbstruck.

“Niall you need to wake up.” Brooke said again, with authority.

“B-but why?”

“Because like you said, I can’t do this without you. Wake up!” and with that, my eyes soared open, exposing me to a bright light.

I squeezed my eyes shut, to feel a squeeze on my hands. Where am I?

I looked around, and I found myself in a hospital bed, and where my leg was under the blanket, was a lump. I followed the hold on my hand with my eyes, and saw a mess of chocolate brown curls, asleep on my side. Brooke?

I slowly nudged her, afraid that this was a dream, and she was going to fade away and leave me once more, with the heartbreak and pain alone forever.

She lifted her head up slowly, and I was met with stunning hazel green eyes, framed with long  luscious lashes. Her plump lips painted cherry red, pulled away to reveal a striking set of straight white teeth.

“Niall, your awake!” Brooke enveloped me in a hug, nuzzling her soft face into the curve of my neck, and I breathed in the delicious, familiar scent of wild berries and vanilla. I may be confused, but I was home, and I wasn’t ever letting her go again.

Brooke’s POV

“Doctor, Niall has woken up.” I said into the speaker on the wall.

“I will be with him in a moment, Miss Osborne.”

“So, please tell me what is going on.” Niall pleaded. The poor thing. He was so confused, I think the pain medication numbed his brain a little too much. I should have trusted that bad feeling I had earlier.

“Okay, Niall, I was on the plane coming back, when I had a bad feeling, but I didn’t take any notice of it. When my plane landed, and Paul met me at the airport, he told me that your knee had dislocated itself again, and the pain you felt was pure agony, and you fainted from the discomfort. I rushed here to be with you tonight. They gave you a ton of pain medication, and they fixed your knee, but apparently, you’ll have to have a proper surgery. You’ve been sleeping for six hours.” I frowned. I didn’t want my Nialler to be in pain. It was pure torture.

“Okay, so it was just a dream?” he mumbled.

“Ni, baby, whatever you dreamt, it was a dream.” I assured him. I was relieved to know that the only reason he was panicked and upset, yet still happy and relieved when he awoke was because he had had  a bad dream.

Niall relaxed, and a huge, gorgeous smile spread across his face. “I love you so much.” He stated.

“And I love you forever.” I smiled.

“Forever.” He agreed quickly, before crushing his lips onto mine. It was magic. It wasn’t a passionate, lustful surge of energy, but a sweet, gentle kiss that allowed me to feel the love he felt for me. I shared my emotions with him, in that one simple kiss.

The Doctor arrived. “I’ll leave for a little, to tell the lads that you’re okay.” I smiled.

“Promise you’ll return to me?” Niall pleaded.

“I promise.” I assured him, as I exited the hospital room.

*******

* In a hotel in Sweden- 2 days later*

“Ni, baby, are you okay?” I called, as I washed the dinner plates. The lads had gone out tonight, leaving Niall and I alone for a date night, but inside a hotel room. Niall is still using crutches, but when he is on the tour bus, on in a hotel room, he is fine to limp around. It is good to strengthen his leg.

I was wearing a new yellow lace Victoria Secret underwear set, with a short yellow dress, that showed a decent amount of cleavage, and white ballet flats.

Niall was wearing black skinny jeans, and a white dress shirt, he sleeves rolled at the edges, and white converses.

“I’m fine babe.” He called. I smiled, as I hung the now clean dishes on the bench to dry, as I walked into our bedroom.

The room was filled with the light scent of roses, and our couple movie, The Vow, was currently in the DVD player, playing on the flat screen.

I smiled, as I pulled off my shoes, and joined him on the bed. “I love you so much.” I crooned, as I pecked his lips.

“I love you so much more.” Niall sighed, as we watched the movie together.

Half an hour in, a thought struck me. I smiled slyly, and kissed his warm chapped lips long and deep. When we pulled away, he had a look of pure lust in his eyes.

“What was that?” He asked, staring at me.

“What do you want it to be?” I spoke seductively.

“Are you completely sure? Last time I checked, you are still pure.” He raised his eyebrows, but the sound of hope and lust was clearly evident in his husky voice.

“I am. But Niall, I love you, and I want you.” I smiled, as I kissed his lips. He pulled away, as an enormous grin crept across his features.

He switched off the DVD, leaving us in the complete dark, and kissed me softly and passionately, gently pushing me down, on the bed.

*******

Okay..... love me or hate me?

VOTE and COMMENT

Love Mama Marshmallow xox