39\\Wedding Dresses and Chinese

Phoebe

It was around eleven before Brooke picked me up to go wedding dress shopping with her. She was dressed up like a true bride, the cute loose clothing so she can try on the dress easy, along with some short heel shoes so she can used to walking around in them for the wedding. I think its super cute how she's dressed like this, whilst I'm all dressed up to go out on a night on the town.

We arrived at the bridal place that Brooke had picked to get her dress from and it honestly makes me so warm inside. Maybe one day, that will be me. Maybe one day, our roles will be reversed. Instead of shopping for her, we'll be shopping for me and my fiancé. Who am I kidding, I won't be getting one of those anytime soon.

The little bell above the door twinkled when we walked in, causing the woman who helped with the dress fitting to clap her hands in excitement. Brooke wasn't so excited but deep down, I knew she will be soon. Once she picks out her dress, she'll be sold on this wedding. I think she's also nervous because of how close the wedding is.

It's in a week and a half.

So she told me.

She's been freaking out about it since she found out. They could've left it until next year, but they want to get married as soon as possible. They don't want to waste any more time since they love each other so much and I think that's so cute. The love that they share with each other is something that I'm jealous of.

"Good morning ladies," The woman asked gently, her name tag vibrant with her name, Marie. We both nodded our heads with a smile on our faces. "Now, who's the bride-to-be and who's the maid of honor?"

"I'm the bride-to-be, I'm Brooke," she announced whilst I smiled at Marie. She seemed like a lovely lady, with short black hair, green eyes and a face you could never forget. It was so perfect, the jawline was so sharp and her smile was breath-taking. I'm pretty sure both of us are jealous of how perfect her face seemed to be. She was probably in her late twenties, I would guess. "And this is my maid of honor, Phoebe."

Marie squealed which gave both of us a fright, not expecting her to do that. I looked at Brooke and she returned the look which made us both smile gently. "I was maid of honor at my sister's wedding, have you got the hen's night planned? It took me so long to get it all planned but it all turned out great. My sister enjoyed it so much."

"I don't have anything planned if I'm honest, but I do have a few things in mind for her hen's night. I can't wait until she can have it."

Marie nodded walking over to her desk to grab her measuring tape, ready to measure us both for the fitting. Brooke was nervous right now and you could tell. She was slowly biting her nails, only to not bite any but also, she kept giving me glances, like she wanted it to be over already. She really does want to marry Louis, but I think she's scared he might leave her at the altar.

Not that he would.

I hope.

She started to measure Brooke for the dress fitting whilst I watched. Marie was so gentle with measuring and writing down the measurements. I was admiring the store, it was filled with so many beautiful white, peach, purple and pink colored dresses. There were categories; lace, short, long and pattern along the wall lines. It was quite a petite store, not many people probably came in here but Brooke chose it.

"Right, so I have your measurements, doll. Now I want you to choose your style of dress, lace, pattern, short or long," Marie told her as Brooke looked at me. I smiled gently, eyeing up the lace dress for her. She caught on to what I was looking at as she nodded gently. "Have you chosen it?"

"I have," Brooke confirmed, standing still and watching Marie's face light up. "I want a long, lace wedding dress, don't you think, Pheebs?"

Marie turned to face me, waiting for my answer. I think Brooke would look a million dollars in lace and I hope that she picks lace for the bridesmaid's dresses too. It would make the wedding look beautiful. Of course, it's up to Brooke to how the wedding turns out. "I love lace so I think lace should be the dress theme."