4\\Fatherly Arguments

Phoebe

5 YEARS AGO

The sun was shining brightly through the curtains of Eden's room. The sheets were wrapped around her body, the warmth showing as sweat droplets were forming on her forehead. With it being a weekend, Eden knew that Phoebe wasn't going to be awake anytime soon. Eden started to stir in her bed but shortly turned over, the sun shining on her back.

Little did Eden know, Phoebe had gotten up earlier than what she thought. It was Mother's Day today and Phoebe had been planning to surprise her mom with breakfast in bed. It was more or less a family tradition, even with Krissy here; they would make an effort on Mother's Day since their father left when they were young.

Phoebe tried to be quiet, making her mom some eggs and bacon, along with a drink of orange juice. The bacon was sizzling in the pan as the eggs were cooking, Phoebe was setting up the tray for the occasion. A single flower in a vase, the card she worked hard on and the plate for her eggs and bacon.

Every now and then, Phoebe would go and make sure her mom was still asleep, trying not to ruin any part of the surprise. Running back into the kitchen, the bacon and eggs were ready and that meant waking up Eden. Carefully carrying the tray into Eden's room, Phoebe set it down gently on end of the bed before she started to gently shake Eden awake.

Eden had no idea what was going on but when her eyes slowly fluttered open and Phoebe was grinning at her, she smiled back at her blonde beauty. As she sat up, Phoebe threw her arms over Eden and hugged the life out of her. Eden's eyes spotted the tray at the end of the bed and looked at Phoebe with a confused face. "What's that, baby?"

Phoebe got off the bed and grabbed it, bringing it up for Eden to look at. A gasp left Eden's mouth as Phoebe grinned. "Happy Mother's Day, mom."

"Baby, you didn't have to cook me anything for Mother's Day, being with you is enough," Eden loved how Phoebe made an effort to make this Mother's Day as good as the others. As she grabbed the knife and fork to eat her eggs, she cut a little bit of bacon and fed it to Phoebe. Phoebe smiled as she chewed her bacon, savouring the taste as Eden ate some as well. "You have outdone yourself my Blonde Beauty, this is delicious ."

Phoebe grinned at Eden as they enjoyed their breakfast. Halfway through, Phoebe grabbed the card she made her mom and handed it to her. As Eden opened it, she read through the note.

"Dear Mom, Happy Mother's Day, I hope my breakfast was one to remember. I'm sorry that Leon and Krissy can't be here but I hope you're okay with me being here instead. I love when we spend time together and when you call me 'Blonde Beauty' and I love it when we watch movies together. I also love your eyes, smile and everything else. I just want to say that you're the best mom one girl could ever have (I hope I'm the best daughter!) and I hope you continue to love me and I will continue to love you as well. I love you to the moon and back.

Love Phoebe aka, Blonde Beauty. Xxx"

"Thank you so much baby," Eden said as she wiped a tear that had fallen from her eye as she hugged Phoebe with so much might. "I love you my Blonde Beauty."

Phoebe grinned as she stole a little bit of bacon off the plate, Eden threw her a playful glare. "I love you too, mom."

PRESENT

As the wind blew through my blonde curls, the nerves that were bubbling up inside me were anything but calming. Every single text from Leon I have ignored, which will only make the greeting this morning even more alarming. Everyone in the street were wondering what the hell I was doing as a few people pushed passed me. Taking a deep breath, my legs started to walk me towards the doors of Tipsill Industries.