25\\Rooftop Gestures

Phoebe

5 YEARS AGO

Phoebe, Niall and the rest of their school class had to attend a trip to the infamous woods that surrounded their school. It was a short walk from their classroom for their school projects. They were all excited to go and by the time they got there, their excitement faded. The woods weren't as good as what they thought. Trees everywhere along with a lot of dirt. A few of the princesses were complaining about getting dirt in their shoes but the teacher told them to harden up.

Phoebe and Niall snickered at them, earning a glare from them.

"So, we're partners right? Why don't we ditch them and look for the stuff ourselves?" Niall had asked Phoebe while the teacher wasn't looking. She nodded, wanting to get away from these groups of people. Niall grabbed her hand and dragged her off into the woods. They were doing a study on the different types of birds that were in the woods. Niall continued to look around as did Phoebe and before they knew it, they were at an opening.

The view was unbelievable. It was opened on a cliff-face with a clearing across it that contained a lake it looked like along with some trees and a few animals that lived there. Phoebe was in awe and Niall couldn't help but look at her. He was so in love with her since they started to be friends but Phoebe didn't see it. "This is beautiful, Niall."

"Like you," he complimented her back as she blushed a light pink as she turned to look at him. She slapped him on the shoulder playfully. "What? It's true. I never lie."

"That's bullshit, Niall. You lied to that teacher about where we were going last week. You said we were going to the library but we didn't go there did we? We went to Mcdonalds."

Niall gasped before he moved away from Phoebe. "That was one time! And don't tell me you didn't enjoy having those chicken nuggets."

Phoebe giggled as she nodded. Those chicken nuggets were the best darn nuggets she had ever tasted in her life. Niall was staring at her whilst she laughed before he laughed along with her. There was rustling which made their eyes tear away from each other. Phoebe looked at Niall with worry laced in her eyes. Niall's arm wrapped around her as he was shitting his pants too. "What the hell is that?" Phoebe whispered with fear laced in her voice.

"I don't know," Niall whispered back as the rustling got louder. "If we die, just know, you can have my hoodie."

Phoebe looked at Niall as he grinned. Their fears still making them shit their pants. The rustling got louder and louder, they were both shaking in their boots. Phoebe was starting to think this was going to be the last time she laid eyes on the world. They heard a growl and that's when Niall grabbed Phoebe's hand and they dashed towards where they came from. They met up with everyone in the group, terrified out of their wits. 

They vowed to never, ever speak of this experience again.

(this is what I'm referring too when Niall and Phoebe are talking about the woods)

PRESENT

As the sun beamed in my eyes, I jolted awake, the dream I was having seemed too real. I was panting lightly and sweating like a pig as I pushed the blankets off myself. I looked around where I was and I realised that I was in my own bed. How the heck did I get here? I remember falling asleep on the couch with my head on Brooke's lap not falling asleep in my own bed.

I yawned deeply as I stretched my arms up over my head, hearing my shoulder blades click back into place. I sat still after my stretch fest before I grabbed my phone and checked the time. Eight-fifteen which was earlier than I expected to wake up. I sighed, my feet touching the ground as I walked towards my bathroom, examining myself in the mirror. Boy, did I look a sight. My hair that was in a bun was now half a ponytail with all sorts of bits sticking out, my make-up that I had applied yesterday made me look like a panda, around my eyes.