11\\Morning Jitters

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE TRAILER :)

Phoebe

4 YEARS AGO

The rain slowly fell on the gruesome and heart-breaking day. Phoebe had brought her black lace dress to wear while Leon had a black suit picked out. They were both getting ready, a few tears falling from their eyes while doing so. Luckily, Phoebe's make-up was waterproof. She didn't want her make-up to run while sitting inside the church. She had looked at herself in the mirror, only to look away. Her eyes didn't look their best, but the eyeliner would surely cover them so it would look like she was fine.

But on the inside, she was slowly dying.

The event was only a few hours away and Phoebe was ready. Physically? Yes. Mentally and emotionally? No, she never will be.

Phoebe was pretty close to her mum. She never thought she would lose her this early in her life. Her mum will never get to help her pick out her wedding dress, she'll never get to see her 'blonde beauty' get married, she'll never get to meet Phoebe or Krissy's children (if they decide too, of course). She'll never get to look after her grandchildren or see them grow up.

"My strong baby," Leon said, watching Phoebe looking at herself in the mirror. She turned to face Leon before she ran towards him, getting engulfed in his hug as she started to sob, tears running down her cheeks. Leon heard her as he pulled her away from him, leaning down to wipe her tears away. "Phoebe, I know today is going to be probably the worst day of your life but you need to be a little stronger. We don't want everyone's sympathy, we're not looking to be put in everyone's prayers, we know what happened wasn't planned; but we know that she's in a better place now. No one can hurt her where she is. She's safe and that's all that matters to me."

Phoebe started sniffing, wiping her nose with a tissue. Leon had placed a kiss on her forehead as she smiled at him. "I'll try and be stronger, Leon. It's still a bit raw for me but I know that she is safe where she is and I'm glad that she's not hurting anymore."

"That's my girl," Leon whispered, giving Phoebe another kiss on her forehead. He glanced at his watch that sat upon his wrist and nodded. "Are you ready to go? We have to be at the church in about two hours. But remember, we're traveling behind her in the car."

"Just give me a few minutes, Leon. I want to make sure I look presentable."

"Of course, my darling," he let go of Phoebe while she looked in the mirror, making sure that her make-up was okay. Even if it's "waterproof", sometimes, it's a little misleading. "Come down when you're ready to go."

Phoebe nodded as Leon shut her door, walking towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. As Phoebe was looking in the mirror, she couldn't help but think back to when it was her 17th birthday. Eden had made sure to make it the best one possible. She had brought Phoebe a new phone since her other one didn't last very long. Phoebe dropped it on the concrete at school on accident and the entire screen shattered.

Phoebe's mind had a lightbulb moment, remembering that when she was younger she had written a note for Eden, but never gave it to her. She went rummaging through her notes until she landed upon the note, all written in a blue point pen. She smiled while reading through it, a familiar feeling coming back. And before Phoebe knew it, she had folded it up and put it in her purse. She suddenly felt like now would be the perfect time to say it, since she would be listening. This day is dedicated to her and only her.

Phoebe took one last look at herself in the mirror, before walking towards her door to open it and close it behind her. Leon was sitting in the living room, a glass of water in his hand as he slowly sipped it, waiting for his daughter to come and get him. He got sight of her slowly walking from her room as he smiled. "Are you ready, baby?"