13. Hair Is My Favorite Flavor

Alex's p.o.v

I anxiously watch as all the campers slowly file out of the eating area to get cleaned up. leaving me and Jack alone with this scary looking dude.

"Is he another councilor?" I ask Jack in a whisper.

"Worse. That's Mr. Dixen, the owner of this camp"

"Oh" I say shakily.

I feel like we're gonna get yelled at, and I can't handled that. My dad yells at me so much at home and I absolutely hate it. I get nervous and curl up into a ball like a little baby, flinching at every word said to me in a loud tone.

The camp owner dismisses the rest of the councilors, wanting to talk with us alone. That just made me more anxious.

Why does he want us alone with no witnesses?

Is he gonna hit us? Murder us? Other things I don't wanna think about.

My mind crowds with dark thoughts.

That's nothing new, I always think the worst when something happens. One time my dad said he was gonna be right back in five minutes and when he didn't come back after ten I legit thought he had gotten kidnapped or murdered.

Turns out he was just talking to his friend.

But my damaged ass brain didn't know that.

"Boys" Mr. Dixen claps his hands together to get our attention.

I snap my head up to look at him, worried that if I don't, something bad will happen. I either might get yelled at or slapped in the face for all I know.

"Alright here's the deal. If you two clean up this mess I won't tell your parents you startled all this crap and you'll get a free pass."

Me and Jack look at each other astounded. I was not expecting him to say something like that to us.

"Deal!" We agree in unison, rapidly nodding our heads.

"Great" he says tiredly. "Buckets and mops are in the kitchen, here are the keys" He reaches into his pockets pulling out a ring of keys and tossing it into my hands. I was surprised I actually caught it.

Ew, the keys are warm.

Like really warm.

"Which key is?" I ask him, looking down at the large amount of keys in my hand.

"I don't know, one of them." he points to the key ring with a sloppy hand gesture. "Alright, bye" he quickly walks away without another word.

That guys owns a camp?

"Ddduuuddeee! Do you know how many places we could get into with those keys?" Jack asks excitedly.

"I don't care, we are going to unlock the kitchen door so we can clean up this mess you started" I walk past him going up to the large metal door that leads to the kitchen.

"You're no fun" he huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Shut up ass face" I joke placing a random key in the lock hoping it's the correct one.

He uncrosses his arms and laughs. "I love when bae gives me pet names" he says in annoying high pitched white girl voice.

"Don't ever say bae again" I laugh trying another key.

Jack was quiet after that and it was weirding me out.

Jack's never quiet.

I turn around to see what he's doing making sure he didn't leave me to clean up all the food by myself.