3. It's Not Vomit

Alex's p.o.v

The eating area at this camp just appears to be a large space outside filled with really long wooden tables, and a tarp covering the little set up, I'm guessing for rain or something, but I doubt it's going to rain in the summer.

The place where they hold lunch is huge, I guess I didn't actually do the math about how many people would be here. The last cabin is my cabin, number twenty three, meaning there's twenty three cabins all together, and each cabin holds four people...

Come on brain how do we math

4 x 23=92

See I can do math! It totally wasn't the writer using a calculator... Nope, definitely not that.

That's a lot of people to deal with, but Jack told me that you do all activities with your cabin mates, so that means I don't have to deal with complete strangers. I guess that's one thing to look forward to.

"What'cha ya thinking about sweater paws?" Jack who's sitting beside me asks.

"Why do you keep calling me sweater paws?" I question the boy sitting very close to me. Can't say that I mind though.

"Because you always have those adorable little sweater paws of yours" he smirks.

I look down at my hands realizing I do in fact have sweater paws. I chuckle rolling my sleeves up to reveal my real human hands, because unlike Mark Zuckerberg, I am not a reptile.

"What happened to your fingers?" Rian asks from across the table.

I was having so much fun talking and goofing around with them I totally forgot about my fingers. Almost all my fingers are covered in bandaids- my index, ring and pinky fingers on my right hand, and my middle and pinky finger on the left.

I self consciously roll my sleeves back down, pushing them over my fingers making it look like I have no hands.

"When I start getting anxious I start biting my nails... a-and not just a little, I mean like, to the point they start bleeding. It's fine though."

Jack wraps his arm around my shoulder, trying to comfort me I guess.

I really like when Jack touches me or gives me any type of affection, but it might be because I crave any attention I can get. It's weird wanting attention and having social anxiety at the same time.

I can literally feel my cheeks heating up. That's new.

Am I...blushing.

Nope! impossible, why would I even be blushing?

"How can you wear a hoodie in the summer" Zack (who's in a muscle shirt and shorts) asks, looking me all over.

"I don't know, I just...don't get hot. I'm always cold for some odd reason..." I trial off not really knowing what else to say.

"I mean... I think you're pretty hot" Jack adds with a tiny smirk.

Wow...ok, now I'm blushing.

After that we start eating. The food here is actually pretty good. I assumed it would be some flavorless mush, but they made us some grilled cheese sandwiches that didn't taste like vomit, so that's pretty nice.

Still doesn't mean I like this camp though.

A plus is that I have really attractive cabin mates.

While we were waiting to be served food, we all had a conversation about random things. I learned that Rian is straight and has a girlfriend. Zack is straight and single and Jack is Bi and also Single.

Very important information.

Of course I told them I was as gay as two rainbows butt fucking each other, because they wanted to know my sexuality. They seemed to like my answer because they all bursted out with laughter.

I was told after we finish eating our food we start activities. Jack said- Well more like insisted, that since I'm new he would show me around the camp and explain stuff for me.

"Hello!" a familiar dark haired man with giraffe legs walks up to our table, interrupting our eating.

"Hey Dallon" Zack, Jack and Rian wave happily, me just sitting there quietly.

"Alright" he claps his hands together "Alex, I'm just here to tell you what's going on" he grins. He smiles a lot for someone who has to deal with annoying, bitchy kids.

"Ok" I nod.

"We're going to go canoeing! Along with three other boys named Awsten, Otto and Geoff " he says energetically, and with that he walks away.

Hopefully I don't fuck anything up...but I know I probably will.

-

*Geoff is pronounced Jeff*

I have a hole in the bottom of my sock and I'm upsetti about it.