Fifty-one Part two

Chapter fifty-one Part two.

So i've just finished for halfterm so i thought the next part of the chaper should be posted. Not sure when the next chapter will be ready! could be early july sorry... got a tonne of assignments!

Vote comment and let me know what you think!

I turn as quickly as I can in the water and come face to face with the same girl. Katelyn I think she is called. The criminal of the two. The one who was on my ring at the start. Before I can react her fist comes in contact with my nose causing a sickening crunch to sound in my ears. My eyes begin to fill with water as the pain threatens to blind me. Angry at myself for getting temporarily distracted I ignore the pain and the warm taste of blood now pouring from my nose and concentrate on finishing this. The vast amount of blood gushing from my nose begins to turn the water around me into a sickening red. The red of death.

I spit the excess blood pooling in my mouth in the face of my attacker hoping to get some in her eyes. Unfortunately with me blurred eyes I only manage to hit her on the cheek though it’s enough for me to temporarily distract her as I force her under. As soon as her head is submerged she begins to struggle, clawing at my arms and hands trying to force me to let her up. This gives me the valuable time I need to think and clear my head as I fight to keep her under.

I will have the advantage if we can just get out of the water. My nose is clouding my judgement and know I need to sort this and give myself the upper hand. We must be close to the edge I quickly turn my head and see it’s not far at all. At this movement she manages to free herself as I lose grip of her hair. She instantly surfaces gasping for breath and I use her momentary weakness to give myself the break I need.

To add to her not so long list of wounds I manage to lodge the knife in her upper thigh and in the same motion kick her away for a second time freeing my knife. I make sure I kick her directly in the chest enabling me to definitely wind her. As I kick her away my back hits into the hard concrete of the building and I feel two arms hoist me out of the water.

Peeta. As soon as he has placement me back on my feet he hands me my bow and arrows just as Katelyn resurfaces and begins to swim towards us yet again. In one fluid movement I tuck my knife into my belt and take an arrow from my sheath, now once again settled on my back. I manage to stop her advances with drawing my bow and pointing it directly at her.

“Don’t even think about it.” I snarl at her as the pain from my nose once again threatens to take me over. I know with the amount of blood I am losing it is only a matter of time before I collapse.

“Where’s Marc?” I ask to Peeta.

“Taking on the other. He told me to stay out of the fight.” He replies bow in hand.

“Hey!” Comes a females call from behind.

Peeta whips his head round drawing his own bow and arrow at the same time; I don’t take my eye off of the girl in the water. They must have been fighting up here though the call from Lexi can’t mean good news.

“What’s going on?” I ask as we stand side by side, facing opposite directions.

“She’s got Marc.” He mutters.

“Yeah! That’s right. And if you so much as think about shooting Katelyn I will end him. We know you have been travelling together since the beginning. We saw you helping each other.” She sings.

“Why didn’t you attack us then?” Marc spits, sounding like he is struggling for breath. He must be in a headlock. Maybe with a knife at his throat.