Taster chapter

This is a taster of the chapter to come!

It is almost finished... should be up by the end of the week but i thought i would tease you all a bit with this little extract!

Vote, comment and let me know what you think?

Should I continue? How is my writing? Is there anything I could do to improve it?

Almost as soon as the cannons have fired the first tribute makes a dash for it. A brown haired woman full of cuts some of which still oozing blood has climbed up on the spoke one down from us and is half running half limping towards the packs at the centre. I glance at Peeta. He knows that look.

This one’s mine. 

He nods and begins to scan the area behind me, looking for any others tributes.

I draw bow and line her in my sights, compensating for her speed I let the arrow fly. Less than a second later the arrow hits home. She stumbles forward, face contorted in pain before falling and sliding into the water. Less than a second later a cannon fires indicating her death and another one of my kills.

“Go Marc. We’ve got you.” I whisper to him.

Without any hesitation he jumps up and makes a clean dive into the water below. I rely on Peeta to cover him until he comes into my view. Since he had dived in from behind me there will be a couple of minutes where I will not be able to see him.

As I expected two other tributes decide to make a dash for it just after Marc. Hopefully they will assume that Peeta and I are somewhere around the edge but not where Marc came from, giving us both a bit more cover for a while at least. While I watch, Marc and the other two tributes swim to the closest spoke to them. Marc reaches his first and swiftly pulls himself up mere metres from us. The other two are still swimming and I take the chance to identify them.

One of them male the other female.

Should I continue? How is my writing? Is there anything I could do to improve it?