21

"go and wash up first, okay? i'm not going anywhere".

jun had carried the younger to his bedroom, gently placing him down on his bed as if minghao were to shatter into countless pieces if he wasn't careful enough.

jun held minghao in his arms the whole time the younger was crying his eyes out.

he said words which he thought would help to calm him down, gave him soft kisses of reassurance that he was always by his side.

eventually, the latter stopped crying. his heart was still broken even though there wasn't anymore tears staining his cheeks.

minghao's head was resting on jun's arm as jun stroked his hair, helping him to get his hair out of his face.

he looked down at the younger. his nose was red, his eyes were swollen from crying. jun then helped him to get up and slowly head towards his bathroom, telling him to wash up.

while he did, jun sat on the edge of minghao's bed. he let out a sigh as he pushed his hair back.

minghao's phone buzzed and another message from mingyu popped up on the screen.

mingyu 👻 :
> the doctor said you can visit her tomorrow

the bathroom finally door opened. minghao walked out with his hair slightly wet, pushed backwards.

jun quickly pulled him into his arms when he got nearer to the bed. he leaned against the bed frame as he gazed at the younger.

a tear slowly trickled down his cheek. minghao hastily wiped it away with the back of his hand, looking up at the older.

"shouldn't you be going home now", minghao weakly muttered.

"i want to stay here with you", jun softly smiled, stroking the younger's cheek.

minghao nodded and leaned into his touch, slowly closing his eyes. jun placed a soft kiss on his temple, holding it for a moment.

"i love you. did you know that, hm?", jun whispered after pulling away. he took minghao's hand, lacing their fingers.

" are you asleep?", jun asked when he noticed that the younger didn't say anything for next few minutes. he chuckled softly.

he got up, with minghao in his arms, and placed him down properly on the bed since they had been sitting on the edge.

he covered the younger with the bedcovers, leaning over to stroke his hair. he smiled admiringly before placing a peck on his forehead.

"sleep well, baobei".

---------

second update for the day!! im cringing at my own chapter HAHA