10

jun broke the silence with a question which seemed to have taken minghao aback.

jun noticed minghao's eyes slightly widening, before going back to normal. minghao chuckled, walking over to the nearest bench by the waters.

jun quickly followed close behind, waiting for his answer.

he settled himself beside the younger and looked over at him.

"minghao.. ?", jun raised his eyebrows.

"hm?", minghao only stared into the sea, as if he never heard jun's question, but they both knew he heard it well and clear.

"you really want to know why, huh?", minghao said to the older, after feeling his intense gaze.

jun smiled softly, nodding in assurance.

"yes", minghao started," yes, that is why i put on make up. it may seem a little too feminine, but to me, it helps with my insecurities. i put on make up because i'm afraid people will judge me and my dreams", minghao sighed deeply.

"you're probably thinking that make up and my dream ambition has nothing in relation. but it really does. back then, i liked to show people my 'artworks'. all the other kids thought i was showing off and being all smug. i did get bullied, but nothing severe happened", jun didn't know what to say, so he just listened on.

"basically, i put on make up so i'd look different from that stupid lil' fool in the past", minghao tried to manage a smile, but jun already noticed the tears pooling in his eyes.

minghao soon realised it too, and quickly used the tip of his sleeves to wipe the tears which threatened to fall.

"hey... do you need a hug?", jun tried to cheer minghao up, a box smile on his face.

minghao laughed softly, before nodding. jun quickly embraced the younger. he felt so thin, so weak, so fragile.

minghao rested his head on jun's shoulder, while jun placed his head on top of minghao's. jun slowly caressed his hair, patting it too.

"i've never had a hug like this in forever", minghao mumbled. jun chuckled adoringly.

"well, now you have. and you'll get more hugs like this with me around", jun reassured the boy.

minghao punched jun's arm upon hearing his words ,"don't try and flirt with me".

jun only hugged him tighter in response, laughing.

---------

blooooooooooooop hAi hehe this chapter may seem a little odd because they've only met right? yet hao's already telling jun so much. but be rest assured, sometimes we get too carried away with telling someone our problems :))

hope you enjoyed!!