Just Go With It

Me and Alexis woke up and made breakfast together. Alexis and I were acting very awkward towards one another. Ever since I snapped at her, she has been distant. She is never like that. So I decided I'd say something first while we sat at the table to eat.

"Alexis, I'm sorry for what I said to you yesterday. I know her loss was just as bad for you as it was for me, and I'm sorry for being an ass."

She looked at me with shock. "Wow you are apologizing?! Well hell must have frozen over. You never apologize!"

She was right. I was never the first one to say I'm sorry to ANYONE. Even if I knew I was wrong. "Well I just want us to stay friends, and not have it be so damn awkward."

She laughed "Ugh I know! We are being really weird with each other aren't we?... well I forgive you. Now let's get out of here today, and do something fun! For Tara.

I paused and looked down at my soggy, untouched toast. I really just wanted to stay in bed and watch home videos of Tara and I. I didn't want to go out and see people. Especially because all they are going to say is "sorry for your loss." I wanted to stay home but I knew I needed to face the social world sometime, I guess today was the day. "Okay, what do you wanna do"

We decided to go and meet out friend Kate at the park. I got ready in some skinny jeans, a long sleeve top, and combat boots.

Alexis yelled "Jess, are you ready!?" There was that question again. I turned to the closet and slipped Tara's scarf around my neck. "Yeah, I'm ready." As ready as I'll ever be.