Dumb

I didn't sleep too long before I was awoke in the middle of the night. The sound of Alexis' coughing scared me.

I hung with Tom and crept into Alexis' room. She was sitting up-right in her bed, coughing away.

I walked over to her bedside. "Hey are you okay Lex? Do you need water?"

She nodded.

I went to the fridge to grab a bottle when I heard her begin to vomit. I didn't know if I should take her to the hospital or not. Kate was gone.

I ran in as she lay, slouched over the toilet in the bathroom. "I'm okay" She said, while she coughed more.

I held her hair back, as I always did when Kate had drank too much and started vomiting. It was just a nice thing to do.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" I said.

She shook her head then snapped at me. "I told you I'm fine! I don't need a doctor to tell me that I'm sick when i already know!"

My eyes widened and I backed away. "Lex, I'm just worried. You don't sound good."

She snapped again. "No shit! But I don't need anything just leave me alone! There is nothing you can do about it! Just go do what you always do and talk to your boyfriend."

I let her hair fall to her face and walked out. I felt so stupid. I grabbed my jacket and left. Probably not a good thing to do, but I felt so... embarrassed. Like I was just punched in the gut. All the good I was feeling changed to anger and shame.

I walked the empty streets of my town until the sun rose above the trees. I was exhausted. Not only from not sleeping but from thinking. I couldn't help but remember what Alexis said to me. Why was it that she had to yell at me, when all I was trying to do was help. And did she really think that all I did was talk to Tom? A tear fell from my eye and a sunk down on a bench. Maybe I was taking the Tom thing too far. All my insecurities rushed back to me. All the things that I thought I over come, came flooding back into my mind.

I stayed away from Alexis and the house all day. I walked around in the park. I knew Tom was probably calling me. But I felt so stupid that I just couldn't build up the courage to call him. And besides, my phone was still at the house.

I walked through the little park, admiring the nature, when a couple walked by me. The woman was holding the mans hand and laughing at his jokes. It reminded me of Tom and I in London. I looked away quick, and repressed the memories. Terrible thoughts entered my mind. I was never going to see Tom again, it was stupid to think that he could be my husband one day. We have such different lives... it would never work. Us will never work.

I had no one to go to. No one to talk to me. So I turned to Tara. I looked up and prayed. "Tara......" i couldn't think of what to say. "Tara... I wish I were the one to go. I don't know what I'm doing. But you, Tara, you are stronger than I could ever be. You should be here... not me."
-
-

I finally got back to the house. Alexis was gone. She left a note.

Alexis' Note: Went to Kate's house for a couple days. Talk to you later. -Lex

Not even a single apology. Not an 'I love you' .... nothing.

I checked my phone. 4 missed calls from Tom. I sighed. Then I texted him.

Message to Tom: Tom. I'm sorry to do this over message. I guess I'm a coward... but I don't want to put you through this anymore. You may say that you think I'm worth it, but honestly Tom, I'm not. All I do is cause you more drama in your life. And you have enough to worry about, you don't need a dumb girl slowing you down. I don't want to be the reason that you worry. I want you to live your life. This past month and a half has been... amazing, but you need to move on. Find someone who is worth the worry. I have nothing going for me here. You have everything. And you deserve a girl who has everything. Take care."

It was true. Every word. Straight from the break in my heart. I didn't even say 'I love you' to him.

I went into Tara's room, her smell was still there. Faint, but still there. I grabbed her scarf. Then looked at the necklace that Alexis gave me... and threw it across the room.

I screamed. I cryed. I was... broken. I thought that Tom could fix it, but no. The only one who could fix it was in heaven. Long gone.

A couple minutes later Tom called. I let it go to answering service. He left a message over the speaker. "Jessica! Pick up please. Let's talk about this."

He called again. It went to answering service... he left a message. "Jessica, I know you are there! Please don't do this to me... remember us."

I heard the sadness in his deep voice. He had been crying. I was an ass. Just because i was broken... I had to go and brake his heart. But it was for his own good, I thought.

He left one final message on the answering machine. "Goodbye Jessica... I love you forever and always."

I let out another scream... what have I done.

Goodbye.

I cried while writing this! Not gonna lie!!! Short Part! More tomorrow!!!