Left for me

When Alexis and I got to the park it was cloudy. Of course, just my luck. Kate was sitting on the bench but when she saw us, she jumped up with enthusiasm. Kate wasn't really my friend. She was more Alexis'. We all used to hang out before Tara passed. Me and Tara would have our own inside jokes about how energetic and spunky Kate was.

"Hayyy guys!!!" she grabbed me and Alexis with both of her hands and pulled us in for a, very weird, group hug. "So bad idea to go to the park on a cruddy day like this huh?"

Alexis finally broke the silence and answered. "Yeah, but hey we'll make the best of it."

-

-

We walked around the park for an hour and a half, watching the kids play, but not acting like pedophiles.

It started to rain so we ran back to the house. I gotta say, I actually had fun.

"Hey, would it be too soon if we went through some of her old stuff?" Kate said.

Ugh, I knew she'd ask. So damn nosey. "I guess."

She jumped up and down again. Like a freaking cheerleader. She went into Tara's room and Alexis followed behind. "I'm going to go with her, to make sure she doesn't break anything."

I knoded. "Okay. Just make sure she keeps everything right where it is. Right like she left it."

She shook her head and ran after Kate.

-

-

While they rummaged through my sisters belongings, I sat out in the living room watching Captain America.

I couldn't go in there with them. If I do, I feel like I will never leave.

I was not even half way through the movie when Kate and Alexis screamed my name, almost at the same time. I jumped up and yelled "What do you want!"

They wanted me to go in there. When I walked in, they stood side by side, Alexis with her hands behind her back.

"What do you have in your hands Alexis?" I said.

She brought her hands out to me, inside her hands was a letter. With my name on it. From Tara.

She handed it to me. I was frozen. Kate yelled "OPEN IT!" and Alexis smacked her arm "Shut up! Give her a minute!"

I tore the envelope open. My hands shaking. The card said "Happy Birthday" on it. She must have gotten it for me early. Because my birthday was a week from now. I opened the card and three paper tickets flew out on to the ground. Alexis grabbed them, not caring what they were and watching my every move. I read the card.

"Happy 25th Birthday Sis! You're old! Haha, well I love so much and I hope you like what I got you! Let's spend your 25th birthday, in a fun way! 3 tickets to London England! Me, You, and Lexi! Xoxo -Tara

I fell to my knees. I didn't know if I wanted to laugh, or cry. I cryed.