Angels

"I'll always be here to listen to you. No matter what. Even when I'm not here, say my name. I'll listen every time."
"I love you Jess."
"Pinky Promise?"
"Do you really think Tara isn't going to be with you? She is going to be with you forever, Jess. Where ever you go, she will follow you. She will be with you In London. She will be with you on your wedding day. She will be with you when you have your children. Tara will always we with you. London was your dream, and it was hers. It would be a mistake not to go and enjoy it. Enjoy what your sister did for you. And she will enjoy it too, because she will be there with you."

I woke up to my own screams. My heart was beating so fast.

I was remembering everything that Alexis ever said to me, in my sleep. I began to cry. The flood of tears ran its way down my cheek, to the scarf.

Alexis said that if I said her name, she would always listen, even when she was gone. So I said her name.

"Alexis? If you are here, if you can hear me, give me a sign. Give me something that will make me believe that you and Tara are really by my side. I only need one sign."

I lay on the couch, in complete silence. Waiting, and waiting.

My phone rang. I jumped up and grabbed it from the table. It was Tom.

I don't know why, but I started laughing. Was that the sign? I chuckled. "Good one guys" (talking to Alexis and Tara)

I took a deep breath, and answered the phone. "Hello?"

He answered "Morning love. Just wanted to call and see how things were going. How are the girls?"

I didn't tell him yet. He didn't know that Alexis was gone.

I took another deep breath and closed my eyes. "Tom, Alexis passed away yesterday morning. I'm sorry I didn't get around to tell you. I've kind of been, a wreck."

He sighed. "Oh my gosh." Then I heard a sniffle. He was crying. The sound of his crying made me start to cry.

I remembered what Alexis told me the night before she died. How Tom thanked her. "Tom?"

He took an deep breath and said, "Sorry Jess. I just can't believe she is gone."

I sighed. "Me either. But she told me something the night before she died, about you."

He asked. "What did she say?"

I smiled. "She said that you thanked her, for getting me to go to London."

"I did." He said. "I needed to thank one of the angels that sent you to me, because it was a blessing, that I met you. I thanked Tara too, you know."

I cried. "Angels. They are our angels. And they brought us together."

"Yes, Jessica. And that is what they will always be."

I smiled. For the first time since the last time I saw Alexis' face.

When I hung up with Tom, I thought to myself, then smiled again. I knew that Tara and Alexis' sign, was Tom. I finally figured it out. The one thing that will always be there for me, was him. And that is what they wanted me to have. Something that lasted forever and always. Tom and I.

-

-

That night, there was a knock on the door. I opened it.

It was Kate. She looked, a mess. It was definitely not the normal Kate.

She looked at me, and she fell into me. She cried, "I miss her so much Jessica!"

I held her tight in my arms, to console her. "Me too, but we will get through this. You know how I know?"

She wiped her tears and looked at me. "How do you know?"

I smiled. "Because, Alexis is here, with us. And she will always be here. When ever we need her, she will be here. She'll give us group hugs when we are sad. And laugh with us when we are happy."

She smiled and closed her eyes, to stop the tears from falling.

"I'm so happy that I have you Jessica. You are the only person I have left now. I know I may be annoying at times, and I know I'm not as close to you as Alexis and Tara were, but, like I said before, all I ever wanted was to be your friend. A good friend."

A tear ran down my face, and I hugged her again. "You are my friend Kate. You will always be my friend. You have me, and I have you. Always. That's what Alexis and Tara would have wanted. And that what I want. I want us to be best friends."

She hugged me tighter. "Me too." She paused for a moment and then asked. "Do you think Alexis is here with us right now?"

I answered. "Yes, I think she is."

"So this is a group hug." Kate said.

I laughed. "Yeah, this is a group hug."

Hey guys! Hope you are liking the story! I'm crying, just writing it! So I still can't comment back on Wattpad, but someone asked how many parts are left in the story.
There are 4 more parts! (not counting this part)
Thank you for reading and voting and following! I can't believe i got 1k views in a week!!!
I'll probably update tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again! x.Ashley