Sweet Dreams

Alone. In a house that's meant for a group, a family, its meant to be shared with love. And I'm all alone.

I sat in Tara's room, with her scarf around my neck and a bottle of wine in my hand. I didn't want to sleep. I knew Tom was going to be waiting there, in my dreams. Part of me wants to call him, and another part of me wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there. So I would never bother him or anyone ever again.

I was at an all time low. I needed someone to pull me out. I wanted help. I yearned for it. But no one came. Days went by, no one. The only thing there was the wine. I drank, and tried my hardest to drown out the memories, and the thoughts... and my regrets. I couldn't drink enough to forget Him. He was more than a memory. He was real.

-

-

I woke up to a loud banging on the door. I stumbled up, and wobbled to open it. It was Kate.

I sighed. "Are you alone?"

She rolled her eyes. "Yes. Alexis is staying with her family. Are you drunk? Jessica its 8 in the morning!"

I interrupted her. "If you came here to lecture me... I don't need it!"

She stopped. "Your right. Tom called me. He told me what happened. I'm worried about you Jess. This, isn't you. What the hell happened to you?"

I teared up. "He called you?"

She smiled. "He is heart broken. He didn't know where to turn."

I fell to my knees and broke down in tears. Kate knelt over me, and hugged me. "Hey, talk to me Jess."

I told Kate about what Alexis said, and what I felt. How I felt stupid. "I will never be good enough for a man like Tom! I can't put him through the drama of my life. Its not fair to him."

She smiled. "Did you ever think about what he wants. Jessica, I'm saying this, in all seriousness, he really loves and cares about you. Maybe he wants a little drama, if he didn't , he wouldn't be so heart broken over the break up, he wouldn't want you back so bad... but he does. So stop assuming that he deserves better, because to him, you are the best. No matter what anyone says."

I grasped Kate in my arms. I felt saved. I was pulled out of my ditch that I dug myself. It may have still hurt, but I needed help, and I got it. The only thing I could do was hug her. I didn't say a word, but I listened, and processed everything that she said to me.

She added. "And Jess... Alexis' chemo. is kicking in, and she is feeling it. She came to my house the day that she snapped at you. She felt so terrible that she yelled at you. She cried the whole night. Remember Jess, she is going to have those good and bad days, we just have to stick with her through it all. Because all the problems she is facing may seem as small as a grain of sand to us, when they are a mountain for her."

I processed. Then I hugged her tighter. "You have no idea how much I needed you. Thank you for coming."

She wrapped her arms around me. "You are very welcome. But it wasn't me who knew that you needed help, it was his. Just remember that. Now, I need to go to work. Will you be okay?"

I nodded. "Yes. I'll be fine."

She gave me one last hug and left. Her words stuck with me all day.

I lay on Tara's bed, thinking and trying to relax, my hangover was kicking in as well. I finally fell asleep.

-

-

"I'm sorry! ahhh!!!"

I woke up to a yell. I sat up. Alexis stood at the doorway to Tara's room, she held the necklace that she gave me, that I threw on the ground.

I turned to her and got up. "Alexis."

She cried. "I'm such a horrible friend to you Jessica! You were only trying to help me and I hurt you and pushed you away! Why did I do that to you? What kind of friend am I? I'm the reason that you broke up with him! Its all my fault! You are depressed because of my stupid words!"

I was stunned. I stopped her. "Alexis stop! You had every right to yell at me. You are going through a lot and I understand that now. I just don't want to fight. I want every minute with you to be a happy memory from now on. Promise me that you will make happy memories with me."

She took a deep breathe, and wiped away her tears, then a smile came across her face. She walked over, put the necklace around my neck and said the 3 words that I will always remember. "I pinky promise."

-

-

Alexis had fallen asleep quick that night.

I still didn't sleep well. My mind was rushing with thoughts, of Tom. After all I put him through, he still was worried enough to have Kate check up on me.

I remembered the time difference. It was morning in London right now. I picked up my phone, took a deep breathe, and dialed his number.

He answered. "Jessica?"

My eyes began to water when in heard his voice, but I held in my tears and answered. "Tom... I'm sorry. All I wanted was for you to be happy and drama free, and I caused you even more drama by ending it between us. I understand if you don't want to talk to me again, but I wanted to thank you for calling Kate. You saved me from... terrible thoughts."

A silence ran over the phone. My heart was beating a mile a minute.

I heard his voice. "Jessica. You have no idea how much you scared me."

I sighed. But before I could speak he spoke over me. "I told you this a million and one times. Jessica Blackwell, you are mine, forever and always. I love you unconditionally and I am not going anywhere. No matter how much you think I deserve more, I chose you... and just like you fight for Alexis.... I will fight for you. No matter what.

I sobbed. "I love you Tom Hiddleston. I will never question us again. I cross my heart."

He calmly and sweetly said. "Sweet dreams Jessica."

I fell asleep like a baby, with the sweetest dreams of all.