45. Wedding Day

M A R Y

The parking lot was becoming more and more packed with people. From adults, to their little children. Causing my nerves to act up like crazy. More and more people continued to show up and look around at the surroundings before actually walking inside.

“Hey baby.” Niall’s sudden voice startled me, my hand immediately covering my chest above me heart.

“Damn it, Niall!” I whispered, “You shouldn’t be in here.” I smiled, putting my hands on my hips with my head tilted to the side.

“What’s fun about following the rules? I wanted to see you before I went to stand up front.” He shrugged, a smirk halfcocked on his face. “Just give me a quick kiss and I’m out of your pretty, done up hair.” I rolled my eyes, pressing my lips against his before resting my palms on his chest and pushing him away.

“Now go.” I smiled, biting my bottom lip when he smirked and backed out of the window of the small room I had taken to change in.

I shook my head, laughing at the blonde boy who I never thought would mean so much to me. Two and half years ago, he was just some boy at school who seemed to be bad news.

“Are you getting nervous?” I turned around, smoothing down my dress as I looked at Diana.

“I wasn’t until the parking lot started to fill up. It’s all hitting me now.” I chuckled, “I wonder how Niall’s doing.” As soon as his name fell from my lips, my stomach tied up into a tight knot. I wonder if his father had shown up yet. I know Niall didn’t want me to invite him, but I invited my mother, and I knew that deep down he wants his father here too.

“What are you thinking about?”

I shook my head, not wanting to tell her that I went against Niall’s wishes. “Niall didn’t want his father here today.”

        “And that’s what you are thinking about? This day is the most important day of your life, and you are thinking about Niall’s dad?”

            “Well…”

            “What did you do, Mary?”

            “I invited him anyway.” I sighed, “I know it’s bad, but I know deep down Niall wants him here despite what he has done Tony. And I even asked Tony if he would be okay for the few hours, and if he got scared or uncomfortable to just come find Niall or me.”

            “And both you and Tony kept this from Niall?” she paused, “How did you get Tony to keep such a thing from his brother?”

            I sighed, shaking my head while slowly sitting down on the only couch in the room. “I bribed him, with a new toy.” I chuckled, “When he called to rsvp, Diana, he sounded… sincere. Like he was surprised that he was even invited and he actually sounded kind of excited at the same time.”

            “What do you think Niall will do?” she asked, “How do you think he will react?”

            “I don’t know.” So many different outcomes came flooding into my main thoughts. He could be alright with it, even though I know he won’t be. I quickly pushed that thought out of my mind and thought of the next possible outcome.

            He could punch him out, completely start a scene in the middle of the sanctuary. Which was an outcome that had the most possibility. I don’t want to punch someone out on our wedding day. Maybe that was the worst thing that would happen. Maybe he would be mad about it for a few hours and eventually get over it.