28. Alone

M A R Y

“You sure they won’t mind him sleeping there tonight?” he asked again. I groaned, taking his hand before walking him away from the door.

“Yes, I’m sure.” I smiled, “I ordered some pizza while you were down talking to Aubrey’s aunt. And hey, guess what?”

“What?” he sighed, sitting at the foot of the bed with me stood right in front of him.  

“Are you not excited about tonight?” I frowned, his large hands planted at the side of my hips as he looked up at me. Soon shaking his head in protest.

“Course I am! Just worried about Tony, that’s all.” He shrugged, rubbing circles with his thumb on my hips.

“Good, because I paid someone to get us some beer at the store earlier today.” I rested my hands on his shoulders, leaning down to peck his lips. “Sound fun now?”

“Mmm, it sounded fun when you suggested a night alone last night.” He smirked, pulling me down towards him, pulling me onto his lap as his lips connected with mine again. “Ya know, Mary, you’re my soft spot. But you’re also the thing that makes me strong. How is that even possible?”

“Well, what do you mean?”

“I mean, normally, I’d meet a girl and it’d be ya know whatever. I wouldn’t care if she left me. But you, it killed me. And I felt like I wasn’t my whole self, and I didn’t feel strong enough to move on if you never came back.” He trailed his fingertips up and down my thigh, staring at the ground. “Hearing that you were hurt over the radio station news, I almost lost it completely. I didn’t know if you were okay, and you were hurt. It’s like, I couldn’t talk to Tony, because my voice would crack because of needing to cry. And I couldn’t think about it the whole ride to the hospital because my eyes would get all blurry and that probably wouldn’t have turned out well.” He chuckled, soon clearing his throat before looking up at me. His eyes were watery, and tears were brimming the waterline.

I tilted my head, cupping his cheek before pressing my lips against his hard enough that it sent him falling backwards onto the bed. “This has been the best five months of my life, Mary.” He quickly added between kisses.

“Just-stop talking.” I smiled against his lips, my fingertips tangled in his soft hair. The sound of knocking and the pizza man’s voice interrupted, and I swear I heard Niall lightly groan in anger when I got up from him and went to get the room door.

“Large Pepperoni Pizza for…. Horan?”

“That’s us.” I smiled, taking the large box from his hands as he took the money from mine. “Thank you.”

“Enjoy” he nodded, right before I closed the door, locking it behind me and set the pizza down on the table.

“Do you want to eat this now or… continue?” I grinned, seeing him propped up on his elbows as he looked at me. He looked, warm, and his hair was slightly messed up from my hair just running through the blonde strands that were starting to grow out, showing the brown at his roots.

“I think you know, Mary.” He laughed, sitting up to pull at my hand so I became closer. “Your ribs hurt or anything? Because if they do, we aren’t doing this.” He scolded. I shook my head, wrapping my arms around his neck loosely.

“They don’t. I promise.”

“Well, come here then princess.” I rolled my eyes, our lips soon touching once more, only, this time they were softer and more controlled compared to the last time.