Chapter 17: Shiny

*🚹POV: Stella*

************************************

I fell to my knees, and cried. I brought her cold, lifeless body to my lap and sobbed, "Bloom....Bloom!!!", "Ah, why are you yelling? She's dead, you should have left the stake inside her for good measure","that's cold Zayne, the plan wasn't to kill Fernando" I looked up angrily at him as I pointed to Fernando's lifeless body as well. "He got in my way" he shrugged, "c'mon, lets get rid of her body","what about Fernando's?" I asked, he shrugged, "let them find him". I shook my head but followed him. He scooped up Bloom, and carried off her lifeless body with her. But there was one aspect of her that sent shivers down my spine: her skin.

Besides the blood that was all over her collared shirt and around her neck, her skin shone. As the sun hit her body, her skin was like sparkly diamonds under light. It was frightening to see it sparkle, yet fascinating as well. It was unnatural but beautiful. Just like her, she was unnatural and beautiful. But even before she was turned into a vampire she was always like that. She was always different. But in an fascinating way, she was always able to brighten anyone's day. She has this aura about her that spread to everyone else, if she was happy her smile sparkled. If she was sad, her face displayed it. She also showed how she felt, and it hurt to see her hurt or in pain.

She was sure something. I open the car as Zayne dumped her body in the back seat. He closed the door and opened the driving car side. He started the car as I looked out the window. The gate magically turned back to normal, and there were no tracks left. I could already see a crowd of people crowding Fernando, adults calling the ambulance. I looked away rapidly, I could no longer watch this, more tears slipped down my cheek. Zayne sighed, "I know I sounded cold what I said, but we can't think of these things when it comes to this job, you gotta keep your feelings out of the job","so your conscience is speaking to you?" I replied dryly, he shakes his head, "it'll always haunt me Stella, I killed a friend. But I did this for the better, for the good of the human kind and that's all that matters now that it's done" he whispered.

I had to admit this far, I agreed. Zayne said no more, then again there was no more to say. We drive for a while until we managed to find where we were gonna dump her body at. "Are...we gonna burn it?" I murmured as we exited the car, he shook his head, "no all we're gonna do is leave her body out here and it should decompose on it's own", "ok" I nod. He opened the back door and scooped up Bloom's body into his arms. She again began to sparkle as the sun shone in her, even the bloody spots.

We have a place close to a trench, where we decided would be a good spot even though it was near the freeway. He let her body slam to the ground with a thump, her head hitting hard on a huge rock. Her head began to bleed, her hair turning red and murky with her blood. "She's still bleeding, does that mean she's not dead?" I asked as I stared down at her stilled body, "nah she's dead, her body is just bleeding cuz this is fresh" he said waving off my worried look. "C'mon let's-","can I have a moment to say goodbye? She was my sister after all" I asked, he nodded, "i'll wait in the car" and with that he vanished in the direction the car was at.

I nervously sat down beside her, and moved her body away from the rock. She sparkled as I moved her, I made sure that her head was away from the rock. I sat her up against it instead, and sighed, "remember that one time when you said you would rather die than become a monster? Remember that one time you said you didn't care what it takes to not be one? I did you a favor Bloom. We promised each other we would kill each other if one of us turned into a blood sucker" tears began to trail down my cheek. "Bloom" I sobbed, "I need you so much now, you were the one always there for me even though I never appreciated it, I do now. You don't realize the importance of a person until you lost that special someone" I breath in.

"I never meant to take away or break apart you and Anthony, I knew from the start that you too were meant for each other. I just was too jealous Bloom. I wanted everything you had, because you had everything I didn't. I never meant to make you feel less, never meant to make you insecure, god you were beautiful and you still are even immortalized, I can't believe you believed those horrible words I said about your appearance" more tears come down like rivers now. "Why did it have to be you? Gone? Why? You, who had such a great future ahead of you" I shook my head, "all you wanted was acceptance, but all you saw was my growing bitterness, I'm sorry......I need you, need you more than ever....your words to help make me stronger just like they always have, I miss you.....I need you" I close my wet eyes and kiss her cheek. "It's funny because its like I can hear your response in my head" I hugged her body, eyes closed. Because you will always carry my spirit in you heart Stella, i'll always be here whenever you need, just look for me with your heart and i'll always listen to you.

With that I opened my eyes, and sat up. I fixed her so she were laying on the floor, as if she were a sparkling sleeping beauty. Because that was what she was now, a crystallized sleeping beauty.