Everything's Gonna Be Alright Ch. 16

Part 16-

"Baby? Sweetheart can you hear us? Can you hear me?" It sounded fuzzy but I think it was my mother.

"I think she's waking up. Nurse! Nurse! She's awake!"

I opened my eyes, who the heck was disturbing me? Sure enough as the fuzzy view was coming back to normal I saw my mother hovering over me, my Dad and Declan in a chair by the window.

"I'm guessing it wasn't just a nightmare." Even my voice sounded funny.

"Ohh Becca!! My baby are you okay? I'm never trusting Rosa with babysitting you again, I'm sending you to Officer Reneau's house and he'll take care of you..." She kept talking but I wasn't listening, Declan was at my side now, holding my hand and my attention.

"Everyone scoot I had to check her vitals."

Must be a nurse I guess. Ooh a male nurse, the same one who helped us find Sean just a week ago.

"Hi Dear. I'm glad your awake but to test for a concussion I need you to answer a few questions."

"Alright. Shoot."

"Your name?"

"Rebecca Huntington."

"Where do you live?"

"Laguna Beach, California."

"What is today's date?"

I looked at the window and saw it was light outside. It must be the day after the.... I don't want to tackle thinking about that yet.

"November 15th. Since the dance was a week ago on the 7th."

"Well it's actually the 20th but you're pretty close."

Holy hell. I've been asleep for almost a week.

"You mean to tell me I've been out that long?"

"Yes dear. A light coma. But you should be fine, now. We sealed that gash up and now that you're awake you can leave tomorrow!! Isn't that exciting honey?"

"Uhhh sure."

"I'm going to leave now and get the doctor. Your other friends can come in if they wish."

My other friends?

I saw Declan leave the room and come back in with Lucy, Sean, and Officer Reneau in tow.

"Bex! You're okay!"

Lucy ran over to me and hugged me.

"Umm... ow?"

Lucy got off me quickly.

"Sorry, sorry sorry! I forgot about your stitches."

"Stitches?"

"Well you were cut pretty badly, it cut an artery, you're lucky it wasn't a main one. The gash is what caused you to lose so much blood and pass out. Hitting your head against the wood floor is what made you take a six day nap. By the way I'm Doctor Tracy, I've been your doctor since you've been here."

"Hi Doc. So I'm okay then?"

"You got lucky Becca. You'll be able to go home tomorrow. But you'll be on house rest for another week before you can go back to school."

"Thank you so much Doctor for everything you have done for my daughter."

"It's no problem at all."

The Doctor and Nurse left the room and now it was just me and my family. No one was speaking and everyone was staring at me, so I decided to speak.

"So... Did you catch him? I assume since I'm lying in a hospital it wasn't just a bad dream."