Ace of Cross Ch. 7

Part 7-

Okay so this whole 'Let's follow Becca' thing is really starting to freak me out.

"Bex? What are you doing here?"

"You first."

"Ace! Get back on your bike and get back on this track or else.... Deag? My boy!"

All of a sudden Declan and Coach MacDonald were hugging each other.

"What the heck?" I was so confused.

"So you're Ace? The pretty much professional rider that my Uncle coaches? That's impressive. I've heard great things about you. Figures I would run into you."

"Wait... Coach MacDonald is your Uncle?"

"Just because you're friends with my nephew doesn't give you any special treatment Ace. Go to the jumps. Start on the Ski Jump and I'll be with you in a minute."

I walked off more confused then ever. So Declan was Coach MacDonald's nephew? How weird is that. I started doing some jumps. Started with a nac-nac and some no handers. All of a sudden I saw Coach and Declan slow me down. I don't think I did anything wrong...

"Great job out there Ace."

"Thanks Declan. What, you gonna start calling me Ace now?"

"Well if you insist."

I didn't mind the nickname, Ace, it means I'm one of the best. Completely okay with me.

"So what kind of tricks can you do?"

"What can't she do. The girl is a star. If there wasn't an age limit on professional the girl would've been there four years ago. Impressive work she does. Especially on the jumps."

I was getting pretty embarrassed but Declan looked impressed. Sweet. I'm making him want me without even having to do anything.

"So Declan didn't you have soccer practice?"

"Well they cancelled it today because it was first day. I was gonna come meet up with my Uncle before I met you guys for dinner. I heard you had practice but I didn't know what kind. Didn't know a girl who wears heels can also ride a bike pretty decent."

"Pretty decent? This girl is my best."

"I'm flattered, but I really got to get some practice in. This is my first practice since the X games but the European championships are coming up and I can't miss anymore practice."

Declan wished me goodbye and good luck so I once again got back on my bike and kept on with trick practice.

I swear every time I see this boy I get more and more confused. Too many things have surprised me. None of them negative though. I think I might really like him.

I finished up with practice, went back, took a shower, changed and met Declan out in the parking lot.

"Well you've really taken me by surprise by showing up here." I must've scared him because he whipped around.

"Well it's not like I expected to see you here. Or find out that you're Ace. The best moto rider in the state of California. Plus you're my Uncle's protégée."

"Yeah, yeah. Is your Uncle the reason you're out here?"

"Yup. Sean and I are living with him so we can go to high school out here then go to college in the fall here in the States. It's been our dream to live here rather than Ireland. The rain gets boring."

"Haha true. Well we should be getting to dinner. Wanna follow me?"

"Sure." he said.

And we took off.

We got to dinner at the same time and Lucy and Sean looked confused. They must've gotten there early because Sarah and Matt hadn't showed.

"Heyy Bex how was practice?"

"Don't you mean Ace?"

"How did he find out about your moto thing? I sure didn't tell him and who else would?"

"His Uncle is Coach MacDonald. Go figure, if you had to pick one of my coaches as your Uncle you pick the strictest one."

"Really? You're Ace?" Now Sean figured it out. "Plus Uncle Mac is strict? Never seemed that way to us."

"Well come to the track more often, you'll learn."

We ordered our meals and sat down. The boys were so nice they paid for us. These boys are growing on me by the second.

Finally Sarah and Matt walked in with Mira and Lee. Did not expect that.

"Heyy guys! Whats crackin?" Lee, the asian who thinks he's black. Figures.

"Hi Lee, Hi Mira."

"Hi Bex, Lucy. Oh Declan Sean nice to see you two again."

How Mira got stuck with an oreo beats me. But they're utterly in love, can't mess with that kind of serious stuff.

The rest of dinner was pretty uneventful. As we were laughing about some joke Matt told my mother called me.

"Mom? I'm in the middle of dinner."

"Oh Hi sweetheart. I just wanted to call and tell you that I made homemade peach ice cream if you wanna invite Lucy back to do homework and eat it."

Mom making ice cream was a special treat. Mom cooking was a special treat. Which made me curious. I walked outside the restaurant so no one could hear me.

"Better yet sweetheart why don't you bring that boy you met?" I knew there was a catch, "Your father and I wanna meet him. The mothers were talking about him at the senior luncheon today. They say he's a great kid, good looking too."

"Do I have to bring him Mom? I don't want to embarrass him."

"Nothing would embarrass me."

I hadn't seen Declan come outside.

"Alright.... Sure Mom, We'll come over." I hung up with Mom and faced him, "I hope you know what you're getting yourself into."

R/N

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

=]]

Your Alternative Girl,

Bex

xoxox