"Anybody want a peanut?" Ch. 5

Part 5-

As Lucy got into her Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet (which I've been jealous of for ages) and me into my Mustang we drove out of the theater to my house.

As I was driving I couldn't help but think, had today really happened? Had I met a guy, went on a date to him, and profess he had some kind of feelings for me? Normally that would never happen. Took me three months of dating to get Danny to even say "eeh you're pretty good, babe." Let's just say my standards are pretty low.

As we pulled into my driveway and through the gates I looked at my house. Lucy's dad had designed it, that's how the two of us met. It was contemporary, to say the least. A house basically made of windows and some of SoCal's precious stucco. The palm trees leading up to my garage made me love Cali more than I already did. I pulled into my garage and sat there for a moment, waiting for Lucy to park out front and walk around to my garage.

I didn't hear her approach until she said, "I have to admit; the entire car ride I could NOT stop thinking about Sean. How the heck do you come up with boys like that?"

"Not easily. You have to catch them illegally first, threaten them, then you'll get some attention."

Lucy was laughing as we walked into the house. I saw Mom sitting in the Kitchen with Rosa, our maid, talking in Spanish. It was funny to hear Mom talk to Rosa with a mixture of her Australian accent in with the Spanish. Oh yeah, my mom was born and raised in Australia. She moved to America where she met my dad, the 3rd generation Irishman. Which is where I get my hair from.

"Oh hello girls. Fancy you're home early, how was the movie?" Mom took my attention away from my thoughts. Lucy loved talking to my mom, she loved making her say "Shrimp" "Barbie" and "Good Day Mate." Which I understood, I had grown up doing that.

"It was great Miss Emma, I mean the movie was horrible, but we had a good time making fun of it." I heard Lucy go on and on telling my mother all about it. It's funny, Lucy didn't mention Sean once... and then "...plus Bex almost got hit by a car!!"

"What??? Are you okay deary?"

"Yeahh mom, I'm fine. Some idiot whose new to the 'States' was driving on the wrong side of the road. I didn't except to see a car there, let alone hitting someone head on."

"New to the 'states? Are they crazy? Who lets anyone drive here without proper permit... I'm going to call Officer Reneau. He'll do something about this."

Mr. Reneau was the local police man. Mother had come to meet him when she 'accidentally' was driving too fast on the highway. They made a close friendship though, that's why she calls him whenever she needs a favor.

"Seriously Mom, you don't have to. He didn't actually hit me, just scared me. Plus we're on good terms."

"On good terms? How could you possibly be on good terms?"

"Well, we pulled over by the stores and talked... then I kinda invited him and his brother to the movies with us. Mom, don't freak out, he's a good kid. He's starting LBHS tomorrow as a senior like Lucy and I. He and his twin are adorable, Mom they're from Ireland."

"It doesn't hurt that they're pretty attractive too Miss Emma. I met the both of them, and they're good guys. He didn't do it on purpose."

"Well... okay girls. You be careful, might want to get some background knowledge on them before you get to know them." Just then I heard Dad walk in through the garage.

"Hello my ladies! Well hi Lucy, nice of you to join us." Dad gave me and mom a kiss on the cheek, set his stuff down in his office and came back. "Whats for dinner Rosa I worked up an appetite. I swear men can talk all day and no one thinks about eating!"