Make Me Wanna Die Ch. 15

Part 15-

On my way home all I could think about was this cute boy that I had just kissed. How could I get so lucky? Once I arrived at my house I pulled through the garage and turned off the alarm. Mom and Dad were out of town. Dad was in Washington while Mom was at a Law Convention in Washington as well. My parents were taking a bit of a vacation as well. It didn't bother me too much, my dog Lucky and I were doing just fine at home with Rosa. I got Lucky from the animal shelter four years ago when I volunteered there. He is a Maltese/toy poodle mix and he's the cutest dog, ever. Hands down. I turned back on the alarm once I got settled.

"Rosa, I'm home!"

There wasn't any answer. That's strange, she specifically told me she'd be staying with me while my parents were away.

I walked into the kitchen.

"Rosa? Where are you?"

"Rosa isn't here right now."

That voice. I'd know that voice anywhere.

"Danny, what did you do with Rosa."

"Does it matter sweetie?"

It was at that point I saw him walk out from the Dining Room. He must have been hiding behind the wall or something.

He was walking straight towards me. It kinda freaked me out when I looked into his eyes. They were bloodshot red and... creepy.

"Yes. Yes it does. Where is she?"

"Don't worry my love," he was closer to me now, stroking my arm. The hairs stood straight up on my arm. "She's in the guest house. She's all right. I wouldn't hurt her. She was always so nice while we were together."

"What do you want Dan?"

"I want you, obviously."

"Well I don't. Now leave." I turned off the alarm so I could let him out. That might have been a mistake.

"I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say Becky. I want you."

Dan was the only one who ever called me Becky. I hated it.

"I don't want you. Leave, Danny."

I opened the front door, he slammed it closed and pushed me against it.

"There must be a misunderstanding. You must not be able to... hear." He stroked my ear with his fingers grasping a knife. HOLY CRAP! He was holding a knife. Where the hell did he get a knife?

Wait. I recognized it from my mother's collection.

"I can hear you just fine. You want me, okay. What do you want exactly?" I didn't know what else to say, or what else to do. He was confusing me and I, obviously, didn't want to get hurt.

"Come upstairs with me."

He took my hand and led me up to my room. As soon as we were inside he grabbed my elbow and threw me onto the bed. I had hit my hip against the leg of the bed and it was hurting real bad. He positioned me in the middle of the bed with my head against the backboard.

"Take off your shirt."

"What?"

"Your hearing dear, it's getting pretty annoying. I said... Take. Off. Your. Shirt." He was sliding the knife closer to my face. Holy hell, holy hell, holy hell. What was I going to do. I had left my phone and purse downstairs, turned off the alarm. There's no way I can reach anyone. I'm stuck here.

I started to button down my shirt to take it off after he had gotten closer. I didn't want to cause any trouble for myself but he was scaring me.

"Now I'll take care of your shorts."