Your Love Is My Drug Ch. 14

Part 14-

"...So I was freaking out. I had figured he was dying. He didn't exactly look that great rolling on the floor with his face all blue."

"Shut up Dec, it's not like I did it on purpose."

"Ha, true. I'm glad you're okay bro." Declan hit his brother.

"Same goes, big nose." Sean hit him back.

It's been a week since Sean's accident. He ended up having a seizure and staying in the hospital overnight. Luckily it wasn't harmful, and it's doubtful he'll have another one. I don't think Lucy could take another one. Watching her sit there now with him, she's absolutely in love with him. Not that my love life sucks, I'm sitting next to the boy of my dreams. Deag looked at me.

"And my Ace yelled at a scary looking nurse to try and save the day. Nice" He kissed my cheek.

"Well Lucy wouldn't have shut up if I didn't."

"Hey! I take offense to that! I was very worried about my poor baby..." she was stroking his cheek. Sometimes couples can get a wee bit creepy. Anyone can admit to that.

"Kids! Time for dinner!"

Declan's Mom made a nice dinner for all of us. When she heard about Sean Mr. and Mrs. McGough flew in from Dublin to take care of Sean. They decided since their boys now have girlfriends (yes... I say girlfriends. EEK!) that they'd stick around and get to know us.

"Thank you so much for cooking for us Mrs. McGough. You're too kind!"

"Well thank ya Ace. It is the least I can do. You and Lucy are taking care of my boys while I'm not here." She squeezed Deag and Sean's cheeks. They was so embarrassed their cheeks were turning red.

"Awww is someone embarrassed of their mother?"

"Shut up, baby."

Everyone laughed. I loved the atmosphere of an Irish family. Everyone eats, drinks and is merry. It's a great family to be around.

"Well Mrs. McGough has made us some English food, fish and chips. Dig in kids!"

Everyone was laughing, telling jokes. Mr. McGough was telling old Irish folktales and stories. He was a pretty funny guy. Deag and Sean love their parents, but who couldn't. They were so nice and having them around was fun.

After dinner and a wonderful Guinness Cake (a special recipe that Deag's grandmother made) we went out for a walk on the board walk. It was nice to just have the company of others.

"Deag, can we talk? Over here?"

"Sure Ace."

I wanted to ask Declan more about the whole Taylor thing. See what level we were on. He had asked me to be his girlfriend, but I wanted to know more. What did he do... etc.

We found a nice bench to sit on overlooking the ocean.

"What is it? Somethings bothering you?" He put his arm around me and I scooted closer to him.

"Well.. sort of. I know you told me not to worry about your relationship with Taylor but the way she's looked at you the past week. What happened?"

Throughout the last week of school, since Sean's been back and the family's been around, my life has done a 180 turn. I am so much happier I have Deag around all the time, I can barely get rid of him sometimes. But Taylor is always watching, from somewhere. She tried to corner him a couple of times the same way I had tried to corner him a few short weeks before. It didn't make sense that she had liked him so much in a shorter period of time then it had taken me. She seemed almost... heartbroken. I don't thinks she knew what to do with herself. She had tried to get with Pete, I guess to make me jealous or something, but he had told her about a girlfriend at another school. She didn't believe it for a second but backed off. I wanted to ask Deag why she had so much interest in him and him being with me.